Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so my friend and I decided to go out for a ride. And I had my 30 day temporary registration with me. So I decided to get my inspection done, since my friend was going to do his. So anyways, this was on the corner of Francis Lewis and Utopia in Queens. It was like a local harley shop or something. THey had a lot of custom bikes in the store. It was a pretty run down store too. Anyways, I said how much for inspection, and the old dude told me "$15...", so I said "$15?!?!?!?" I said why so much? Isn't it usually like $10? So I just what the hell since I am already here, might as well do it. So anyways, the dude did my registration, didn't even bother checking my bike. Just asked for registration. The dude responded with "my cost of rent went up..." and like a shyish idiot, i just said "ohh okay.." so I guess its almost my fault.

So my friend did his, and we decided to go and check out New York Honda Dealer. Since it was still nice out. We took a nice chilly ride like 13 miles from the other store. We gotten there and I asked the mechanic how much the inspection was. He said "$6.." I was like whoa?!?!?!?! So should I report this dude to the DMV? I know I shouldn't have done it, but I didn't realize he would jip me off that much.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
I got my inspection done by my local honda dealer for 6 bucks too. All the shops here are only 6 bucks, Now that I think about it.

See what happens when you go to a harley shop. :lol2:

H

·
0 Posts
i just take mine to the local DMV.. they do not charge anything..

all you need is blinkers, working lights.. plate light and a pice of reflective tape on your helmet and you pass...

but i guess if i would not pass and a guy would give me a sticker for 15 i would pay it.. it would be easier than getting the bike up to inspection standards..

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
That's what you get for going to a Harley/ custom chop shop with this bike. After he smarted off at you about his rent, you should've told him politley "Thanx, but no thanx." Not like he did anything to your bike anyway.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think this falls into the, "I got scammed" category.

You agreed to a price and paid it.

Let's say you bought a polo shirt at Bloomingdales for $49, then saw the same shirt at another store for $28....did Bloomingdales scam you?

Sorry just trying to put things in perspective, as I have been scammed and it usually means one ends up with nothing.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I wouldnt call it a scam. because obviously he charges more than other places do. You already paid so why worry so much, some shops just charges more than others..

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Dude. It was 9 bucks. Be thankful you weren't silly enough to overpay by $900. I don't think you got scammed, I think you agreed to pay more than other stores were charging.

Scamming is what people to do old people. :mrgreen:

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
You didn't get scammed, you're just an idiot (sorry) for taking it to a custom/HD store...HD stores are always more expensive (for everything...)

HD is a freeking money pit of a company...they make and sell their oil/coolant saying that you can only put HD brand in your bike and charge you double to tripple the price of normal oil and coolant. Harley's a joke...but a lot of HD riders (now a days) are weekend rider CEO's who just bought a Harley because it's "cool". They don't know ****, and don't want to know ****, so Harley can get away with that garbage.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Harley Davidson is a marketing company more than they are a motorcycle company.

And they're damn good at it.

Oh, and I agree....this is not a "scam" by any sensible definition. It's a free market. They offered a price, and you were willing to pay it, and you did.

·
Registered
928 Posts
The one thing that might be reportable is the fact that no inspection was actually done. I would have expected that a service should be redered if paying a fee for it. Yes, I know that some of us might actually want a place that would look the other way when doing an inspection, especially on a non-street legal vehicle but the fact remains that the safety inspection is there to help protect us and others from unsafe rides. I have seen many motorcycles and cars that shouldn't be allowed on the streets. I guess they all find options like this run down shop to "pass" their inspections.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought the inspection price was a SET PRICE no? Is the inspection for the car and the bike from two different DMVs?? The inspection for a car is a SET Price. So your telling me the inspection for a motorcycle is different?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts