Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
****.. i'm so pissed...

I call geico to get a new insurance for my bike, because I took it off in november, when I put it to hibernate for the winter..
My insurance was like 1400/y with liability and comprehensive only... well, I got in an accident las august, and got one speed ticket last may.. guess what? My insurance went from 1400 to 2100!! ****...

I endup getting progressive, paying like 1400/y again.. does anyone know for how long is my insurance gonna be high because of the accident??

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
foremost, state farm, dairyland.. fuk gieco and that damn lizard.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Most wrecks for most states, stay on 3 years. mine is off december 1 of this year. I should be able to afford to insure a sports car and make payments then... M3 here i come.

·
Registered
534 Posts
State Farm all the way!!! progressive and gieco quoted me at 3k a years...i pay fiddy bucks a month with state farm...that catch was i had to insurance my car through them...which wasnt a prob cause that rate is cheap also. the more insurance you buy through them (life, house etc. ) the more discounts you get.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As mentioned, generally it's 36 months for most companies. I work for an insurance general agency (not an agent or anything, but on the back end, programming the rating engines) and get pretty familiar with many companies rating factors and such. In my few years of doing this, 95% of them look at the last 36 months of your record.

And about the insurance companies, if you despise insurance agents like me, then companies like Progressive and Geico are great. The middle man is cut out, and you get to deal with the company directly. I'm a little biased since I've had my share of dealing with some real "gifted" insurance agents, but I prefer to avoid them when possible. Not to say I will only deal with Geico or Progressive, but I'm a fan of agent free insurance. But I'm just rambling now.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
For most companies it's 36 months, but if it's the company that paid the loss, it may be 36 months from the renewal date they started surcharging the accident versus 36 months from the date of the accident.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Man, those rates are insane. I was paying about $300/y in Japan for the max insurance - next to no theft in this country helps. I'm 34 and had a ticket and 3 month license suspension (for 1 minor speeding incident) when I paid this! hahaha I feel better about getting screwed for about 1000 for the ticket now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so yeah.. I'll be fuked for the next 3yrs.. lol.. actually not funny.. :(

I'll see how much would be at state farm.. let me check the website or something

·
Registered
476 Posts
you will have to call a state farm agent or go visit a branch. the website does not show any quotes for bikes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts