Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im on the way to the bar tonight with 3 of my friends when we c a cruiser infont of us, the speed limit is 60km and im going 65km... I end up passing the cruiser eventually at 65 and i see his lights behind me... so i pull over, it turns out i get hit with a $110 ticket for disobey offical sign ( speed limit sign of 60). i tried to plea my case with the cop saying if i was going 15 over id only get hit with a 50$ ticket... his response was, " next time think twice before u pass a crusier". I hate cops, this makes me have no respect for them what so ever... The guys partner was nice but still, he wouldnt listen to me and threatened me when i questioned him. It doesnt bother me so much about the ticket because im gonna fight and i will win it but still this isnt the first time something like this has happened when iv done nothing wrong.... in my mind 80% of them are nothing but stupid pigs

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
SlimmyRR,

They are human beings too. Remember that and next time maybe they'll use vaseline.

Too make such a generalized statement shows a little ignorance. I'm sure you will have successfully pissed off the members of this board who are police officers.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I would have never passed him. All you did was gave him the right to pull you over. The only time that I would even dare to go over the speed limit and pass a cop is when:
He is pulling someone else over already.
When he is issuing someone a ticket.
when he is going the other way.
when he is sitting on the side of the road and the flow of traffic is going the same speed.
but that's just me, since I don't have the time to waste going to court. Plus I rather spend my money on other things. But you are right about most cops being stupid pigs thinking they are all high and mighty just because they have the right to carry a gun

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
SlimmyRR----Why the hell would you pass a cop especially if you knew you were going over the speed limit? :bitchslap: It doesn't matter how much over the limit you were, you WERE over the limit. If he is going 60 then so do you.

As for you STBLOWN :bitchslap: ----you are wrong about "most cops being stupid pigs thinking they are all high and mighty just because they have the right to carry a gun" :bitchslap:

Obviously you don't really know any cops. Most of them are just tired of all the stupid $#!T and stupid people they have to deal with every day and then having to listen to all the lame ass excuses people like you guys give them when you get pulled over for breaking a law that you know you were breaking.

Grow up. If you get a ticket and you know you were breaking the law. Suck it up and pay the tcket. Don't try and weasle out of it and waste everyone's time and money.

Now, if you think you are wrongly accused or ticketed or whatever, then yes by all means fight for your rights.

·
Registered
294 Posts
A cop pulled you over because you went over the speed limit to overtake him? Let me just make sure i got that right. And you wonder why he gave you a ticket? :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap:

·
Registered
171 Posts
SnapShot said:
Obviously you don't really know any cops. Most of them are just tired of all the stupid $#!T and stupid people they have to deal with every day and then having to listen to all the lame ass excuses people like you guys give them when you get pulled over for breaking a law that you know you were breaking.
I'm not saying that you're wrong about this statement, but it's also not 100% right. I have a group of friends that are in law enforcement. A few highway patrols, and fbi's.. but they are dicks, and they know it. They act this way because the CAN get away with it. (bless their law abiding hearts) These "dicks" make a better and safer world for the most of us.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
That sucks but yeah, I'd have to say you kind of asked for it going over the speed limit no matter how little to pass him. If he was doing 5 over and you were doing 5 over riding with him, that'd be different.
Around here, I know some cops and from what they've told me, they are not even supposed to pull someone over unless they are doing more than at least 10 over. And most of the time, they leave that alone and wait till someone's doing over 14+.

·
Registered
248 Posts
if the speed limit is 60 kph and he was doing 65 kph he was freakin 5 kph over the speed limit. that's absolutely ridiculous for getting pulled over. 3 mph over the speed limit you have to be kidding me. Manufacturer's don't even guarantee speedometers to that accuracy. I've heard that they build them to 5% error.

I think the law is in GA you can't get pulled over for doing less than 10 mph over the speed limit unless 1) its GSP, or 2) you're in a school zone/work zone or there's some kind of caution that decreases the speed limit 3) its an MP. Otherwise f*ck em. I woulda passed his ass going ALL OVER THREE MILES PER HOUR FASTER.

If he blew by him going 30 mph or more I would have understood but 3 mph is just moronic on the cops part. He was lookin to bust someone for doing nothing.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
The whole stupid pigs comment isn't going to fly in here. :bitchslap:

There are way too many good guys on this forum who are involved in law enforcement. Think twice next time before you generalize everyone.

:bitchslap:

E

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.