Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was riding to my girls house this afternoon to hang out for a few hours until I have to go to work. I took Interstate 15 north for a few miles with fairly heavy traffic. As I was exiting down a long winding off ramp my back tire felt like it suddenly lost traction. I thought I was going to dump for sure but managed to straighten up....just in time to run off the road. I barly missed one of those blue signs that tells you which way the McDonalds or Burger King is then went down a hill and through lots of grass and dirt. I went a pretty good distance trying to slow down before I realized that I forgot to pull the clutch in...after that I slowed down pretty easily. I ended up just sitting there in the middle of a field trying to stop shaking for a few minutes before I got off and inspected the bike. I didn't notice any visable damage, so I think the bikes going to be fine. Lucky me.
Anyways, I'm really losing my confidence in the ability of the tires to maintain friction on the road. The RR is my first bike and whenever I turn at either really low or really high speeds I sometimes get these feelings like it's going to come out from under me. I don't know if it's the inexperience...maybe the stock suspension settings...or something really is wrong with the bike. Well, anyways I'm just glad I had this little experience when I was beside an open field and not in the forest.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Buy this book and read it before you go out again:

Sport Riding Techiques
by Nick Ienatsch

I have been riding over 30 years. I was waiting for my bike to get new front springs installed and a suspension setup so I started to read Nick's book.

The money I spent on the book was worth more then the $500 I've spent on the suspension. Very easy to read with lots of pictures.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i had the same problem on the freeway to where the bike would feel like it was moving around. i got one of those double bubble winshields and it helped alot. combined with that and a little ego check you should be great. we've all had those close call moments that puts us all in check and make us realize that as much as we love our bikes we have to respect them to. good luck and ride carefull. get use to the bike its alot differnt then most other bikes. make sure you got the right gear and happy riding!! :bounce:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Check your rearwheel alignment , the adjusters may be slightly off causing the rear to feel like it is "squirming".

H

·
0 Posts
sometimes i feel like it is lose in the rear... but then i jsut lay it further odwn in the turn and realize that i am doing fine... it might just be in your head.... but non-the-less make sure the bike is square to the world before you try to get on it again....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts