Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..esp. at night when I'm leaving work. It's soo light that I can't open the gate to get out. You have to drive over a sensor on the ground that opens the gate. I always have to wait for my co-workers to leave before I can go.

I also have the same problems at the signal lights. At times, I'll just go through a red light (middle of the night with no other cars insight) after waiting for about 5 minutes. I've tried flashing the high beam but it still wouldn't work.

Anyone eles have the same problem.

end rant..

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
look in the asphalt for a box-pattern, those are the sensors, hit em with the front wheel and they'll trip.

·
0 Posts
Yeah i have the same problem getting in and out of my apartments. It is such a bitch. cuz your stuck there and you can't get out. And it sux when you are stuck at a light and it wont turn green, I have also found myself just going through the red.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
yes i do man and it works like a charm some other members have used
old magnets that you can get from like an old computer hard drive
so give it a shot i always had one on my bike not much traffic
at 5.00 am

·
Registered
77 Posts
The boxes aren't trying to sense weight. They are sensing the break in magnetic field. Bikes won't trigger them sometimes because of the lack of metal in the bikes.

You can try to position your bike right over it so the engine is over the strip and that sometimes works. Or you can throw it in netural and put the side stand down and that sometimes triggers it.

Or you can push your luck and go through the light.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
chodrick said:
I sat at a light for almost 10 minutes a few mornings ago. Cross traffic was pretty heavy so I just sat there like a dummy.
I get off the bike and push the cross walk button.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve-o said:
I get off the bike and push the cross walk button.
That's what I was thinking too, but it doesn't really help when you're on the turn lane.

·
Registered
735 Posts
aaahhh nothing like sitting at a traffic light in 100F weather while on an all black bike and in gear, I love how the engine gets to 220 it feel so nice.
after a few minutes i do tend to just go if it is clear.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
If a light is taking too long I run it. I'll wait about 2 minutes before I go. I think it just depends on the lights, because there's only a few in town here that I have to do that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
uhm.. press the starter.

The starter will generate a magnetic field when it cycles up. Works for me EVERY time, no need for any magnets.

·
Registered
278 Posts
yea, for work i have a parking garage pass, well not only do you have to have the pass for the magnetic gate opener, but it also has teh sensor in the ground, and its a pain, both gates are short enought i could get by if i wanted but no need to draw trouble

·
Registered
54 Posts
Another thing that works is lowering the kickstand. This will set off the sensor as well. Lucky for us riders in Tenn, we can legally run red lights as long as we treat the intersection as a 4 way stop! :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Most of the bike is aluminum anyways, which is not magnetic and does not mess with weak magnetic fields. that magnet thing should work, just keep it far enough away from your ignition coils. It could cause problems with their electromagnetic field (unlikely, but you never know).

Edit: and in cali we have to wait two light cycles for it to be legally ok to run the red...that's a long ass time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts