Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a fairly decent law abiding citizen. I go maybe 6 or 7 over the speed limit when I'm feeling the need for speed in day to day traffic. But there's a whole slew of soccer moms out there in their little beige vans that want to go a lot faster than that.

What are you guys doing when these morons ride 8 feet behind your RR's integrated tail light?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Switch lanes. Pull over..

In the end its do you wanna chance a mini van up your ass or swallow your pride and be beaten by a said van?

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Depends but I usually slow down and watch them in my mirror. When i see them speed up i do the same then i put on my hazards and swerve all over the lane. Swerving side to side usually makes traffic slow down to a stop ;)

·
Registered
803 Posts
I swing way over and let them zoom past me... Soccer moms can be bipolar - trust me, you don't want to compete with them...

LoL.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Just move over and let 'em pass. Easier to keep your eye on them from behind than through little mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Normally I don't get tailgaters... I'm usually going faster than most vehicles...

What I do get is a lot of lonely drivers on the left lane that will not move their cars to the right lane allowing me to overtake according to the law...

That gets my nerves...

I even once saw a guy giving me the "no no" finger thru the rear glass...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Normally I don't get tailgaters... I'm usually going faster than most vehicles...
Yep. ABP. Always be passing. Honestly I don't look at my speedo much at all in traffic. I just make sure I'm moving at a creeping pace faster than the cars. That's so that I'm not hanging in among them & less likely to have them coming up my ass. Of course there's always the some moron who thinks he's in GTA blowing in & out around people 20-30mph above the flow of traffic. Gotta keep an eye on your 6 for those. If you do get someone behind that wants to go faster then you then just get over & let them by. You'd want someone to do the same for you.

I even once saw a guy giving me the "no no" finger thru the rear glass...
Yeah, they're funny. People who at whatever speed they're moving at feel that they are somehow the appointed speed regulators of the road. If the speed limit is 55 and they're doing 57 they'll park in the left lane & refuse to move over for anyone. It usually results in a whole stream of vehicles underpassing them on the right then getting back in the left lane. I'm sure they're probably clucking to themselves thinking everyone else is wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
If you do get someone behind that wants to go faster then you then just get over & let them by. You'd want someone to do the same for you.

Exactly!... Courtesy....

You are gonna catch him again eventually, there's nothing faster than a sport bike in traffic...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Yeah, they're funny. People who at whatever speed they're moving at feel that they are somehow the appointed speed regulators of the road. If the speed limit is 55 and they're doing 57 they'll park in the left lane & refuse to move over for anyone. It usually results in a whole stream of vehicles underpassing them on the right then getting back in the left lane. I'm sure they're probably clucking to themselves thinking everyone else is wrong.

Exactly again... Hahaha!!... Morons...

I've even found them on completely empty roads cruising on the left lane... I try not to overtake them on the right, I always give them the opportunity of having enough politeness to let me thru, some eventually do... And some don't.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Some people tailgate everyone they get behind.

I see that all the time. When I'm in my dodge pickup, its an irritation. When I'm on a bike, I have to use every ounce of my willpower to keep myself focused and resist giving them that big middle finger. I wish cops would pull those people over. They're putting me in an extremely dangerous position.

·
Registered
310 Posts
When I'm on 2 lane country roads, I usually just throttle it out and speed up pretty hard and fast. However on the highway, like someone said previously, I move over and get behind them. In the end, if a soccer mom b!tch rear ends you and kills you, it don't matter if it was her fault or not. I'd rather just avoid it.

I still sport the middle finger though. Idk why, it just makes me feel warm and cozy inside.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm a fairly decent law abiding citizen. I go maybe 6 or 7 over the speed limit when I'm feeling the need for speed in day to day traffic. But there's a whole slew of soccer moms out there in their little beige vans that want to go a lot faster than that.

What are you guys doing when these morons ride 8 feet behind your RR's integrated tail light?
Stop driving in the left lane when people want to pass you.
Or speed up. Usually speaking, people tailgate because your driving wrong.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I completely disagree, that was a beyond stupid comment. The people tailgating are the ones driving wrong. Tailgating is not the "punishment" or "key" to fixing people's driving. It's people who think that tailgating is a way of telling people they're driving wrong that end up getting shot after messing with a lunatic driver.

You're idea of driving right and wrong is different from almost everyone's. Law enforcement are the only people who are supposed to fix people's driving. Not you tailgating people and putting your life and way more importantly there's at risk.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

No chit, really? Ur an idiot.

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
I completely disagree, that was a beyond stupid comment. The people tailgating are the ones driving wrong. Tailgating is not the "punishment" or "key" to fixing people's driving. It's people who think that tailgating is a way of telling people they're driving wrong that end up getting shot after messing with a lunatic driver. You're idea of driving right and wrong is different from almost everyone's. Law enforcement are the only people who are supposed to fix people's driving. Not you tailgating people and putting your life and way more importantly there's at risk.
I'm with beyond here fully. Even though I agree tailgaters have an issue that needs to be addressed, you need not to be in the fast lane if someone is driving faster than you and is behind you period. It is the law of the road, left lane (at least in the USA) is for passing only. Not cruising along in FFS.

I have personally witnessed 2 pretty bad crashes, one sadly fatal, where some tailgater got frustrated with the whole situation and made a stupid move to try to get past the person holding up traffic.

Tailgating is breaking the law, but sadly not letting faster traffic pass you by when you are in the fast lane is also against the law.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm with beyond here fully. Even though I agree tailgaters have an issue that needs to be addressed, you need not to be in the fast lane if someone is driving faster than you and is behind you period. It is the law of the road, left lane (at least in the USA) is for passing only. Not cruising along in FFS.

I have personally witnessed 2 pretty bad crashes, one sadly fatal, where some tailgater got frustrated with the whole situation and made a stupid move to try to get past the person holding up traffic.

Tailgating is breaking the law, but sadly not letting faster traffic pass you by when you are in the fast lane is also against the law.

The topic is what to do when a moron is tailgating you. Not why morons choose to tailgate. Nobody cares why. Start your own thread. I hope everyone here already knows the difference between the driving and passing lanes.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts