Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003, 600rr... i have a full header back pipe, no power commander.. think its got about 36k miles on it and when im riding i get a vibration and it even pulls on the motor. thought it was a bad chain, so i put a new chain and rear wheel barings and a new tire, still have the vibration. The wheel is straight, and other than that i dont know what would cause this vibration. If anyone has any idea, let me know.. Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
What rpm are you at? Cause around 4500 to 5500 you can feel a vibration it the pegs. Do you feel it in the pegs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its the bearings on the shaft coming out of the tranny... when i have it on the stand and release the clutch it jerks the chain back and forth really bad. It has the vibration at all RPM's

·
Registered
313 Posts
Bikes can do that on a stand. Is there any oil leaking from the output shaft seal? Are your sprockets in good shape? Are your cush drive bushings in good condition? When did this start? Did it happen suddenly, or progressively become worse? Is there a sound you could describe? I'm pullin teeth, here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just noticed it all at once.. i dont know if it has been doing it and it just got louder and worse. It is not leaking any oil, everything from the wheel, kush drive, sprockets, axel, wheel bearings, chain and tire is new.. its a loud klunk sound kinda like something is binding up in the tranny and catching on something else inside... it also seems like the output shaft has more play as far as turning one way and back the other way while it is in gear.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Does it happen more in a certain gear? Does it increase in frequency in response to RPM or to speed? Does it still happen when coasting with the clutch disengaged?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
doesnt do it when clutch is disengauged.. does it in all gears.. seems like i have more slop in the tranny than i should when you have the bike off and in gear... but i took it to a guy who races them and he said not to worry about it too much.. he said the vibration wasnt bad enough

1 - 10 of 10 Posts