Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
KTM 350SXF.

350cc, 4 stroke, fuel injected, electric start, with a rear suspension linkage. (those who know KTM are aware this is a huge development)
I have talked to my local dealer and they dont have a release date yet, or final MSRP, but they were taking pre orders.
So this afternoon I put a $1000 deposit on a motorcycle that I dont know when will be released, or final price on.
The worst part is Im 3rd in line :(

this is the factory race version, but it will look very similar but with factory graphics, black triple clamps and stock exhaust instead of the Akrapovic Ti/CF.
this bike also has $12k in suspension, but it will at least look similar :)

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right know Im expecting to pay $8500 OTD.
The 2010 450 has a MSRP of around $7800, and has a carburetor and no linkage.
I can get a 450 for $6900 OTD, but I want the FI 350.

Currently Im faster on a 250f than a 450, and I think it would be perfect to have the 350 as a "big bike".

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it will look identical to this, just with different graphics.
I hope they keep the Orange frame, but I will be happy with the current KTM black frame like my 250SXF has.

I cant wait for this bike, all tho I might not get mine till the fall :(

·
Registered
991 Posts
Pretty sweet bike. Ive never been able to afford the KTM's but the one I rode I loved. I sold my YZ250F this past spring and went all street cause where I live there isnt much in the way of riding for many a mile. I will admit the itch has been creeping back and I am hoping the AF will send me somewhere else in the states where I can get back to the dirt.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well since I dont own a sportbike anymore, I can afford another new MX bike.
the last one I bought new was my 06 250SXF in late 2005.
So its been a long time coming for my next new bike :)

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
if it does look anything like that it'll be nice...

i've been slowly loosing myself in off-road and "dual sport" forums...

been going back and forth between KTM, cheaper Kawis or a big-ass BMW GS lol
That's the only issue I have as I can get Kawi parts/bikes 40% off. <---no that's not an invitation for you guys to hit me up. :crackup:

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
i hadnt heard anything about this thing.. looks like it'll be a sweet bike! i'm guessing you dont do any racing? would be hard to put it in a class..

·
Registered
231 Posts
That thing is sweet. I wish I can afford to get back into dirt... I miss it.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i hadnt heard anything about this thing.. looks like it'll be a sweet bike! i'm guessing you dont do any racing? would be hard to put it in a class..
Mike Alesi will be racing this bike against the 450s this summer in the AMA motocross series.
I plan on running it in the +25 A class MX next year in my local series too.

There is no rule that says you cant run a smaller bike in the motocross class, and the AMA is considering bumping down the supercross displacement to 350cc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts