Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys Im sort of new here. I picked up an 03 Blk 600rr yesterday and after 120 miles, I really love this bike. I dont think I will miss my Busa much at all. This is going to be fun. Are you guys changing the oil at 600 miles or before for metal shavings? Oh yea, on this bike if I go +2 in the rear is this chain long enough?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to the board dude!...I changed my oil after 300 miles and again at 1500 miles. Can't be too nice to a bike! I went 1 tooth down in the front from 16 to 15 and kept the original chain! it's the same as going up 3 in the back. Yes you can keep your stock chain. Cheers and ride safe!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changed my oil and filter last night. Went out today on some back roads and had a blast. This little bike is so stable. I was very impressed. I love the sound of the ram air and the exhaust note while in the upper RPM range, clutchless shifting. It was almost like sex. I was with a friend who was riding an R6 and as long as I was keeping the revs in the 13-14.5 range and shifting clutchless he had nothing for the RR. Now I dont think I will even get a pipe anytime soon but I will get a PC and go +2 in the rear. I now have about 330 miles on my new baby. I just wanted to share my joy. I will post pics tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts