Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in freakin pain. Last week a bee got down my jacket, and stung me 3 times in the chest. I killed it while it was in my shirt, and sure enough it was a small bee. That's all healed now, but saturday I was getting my tire changed and set my jacket down in the garage. Apparently a hornet got in it, cause it crawled up my shirt sleeve when i put the jacket on and stung me in the underarm, and the stinger broke off. Ouch. Then I was out riding yesterday, and a bee somehow manages to get down my shirt again and stung me 11 times...I kind of ignored it, thinking it was a piece of hot rubber off the guy in front of me or some ****, but i dont think rubber stings that bad. Started hitting myself where the stinging was coming from, get home and pull out a bee. So now I'm all swoll up in a most painful way. Ugh.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
lol man that sucks. Sure it wasnt a wasp the first time or something else, bees die when they sting. I had a bee fly in my helmet once and i have never pulled over and stopped faster in my life.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I thought I had it bad w/bees, I've gotten a couple down the leathers and been stung 2-3 times and once last week at the gas station filling up.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
not bee related, but the worst insect experience that I have had to date was with a june bug. I was going about 35 maybe 40mph down a country road and I see this little dot a ways up, well it gets bigger and bigger and just happens to fly into me. It hit my neck right on the atoms apple, hurt like a bitch not to mention I couldnt breath.

·
Registered
492 Posts
railed said:
They only die if the stinger breaks off
i thought when bees sting, their intestines fall out when the stinger stings????? and that is why they die.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
coulda been a wasp...dunno if they live in socal or not but it had wings and a stingy lookin abdomen. didn't care to look too close.

·
Registered
120 Posts
same here

last week I go into a 25 mph zone and with the humidity I raise the shield. No more than 10 seconds later a bee goes right into my helmet freaks out inside and stings me on the right temple. Damm that sucked. damm bees!!!:evil1:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ow, damn that makes me hurt just thinking about it. I've never had anything like that happen to me, but I really hope it doesn't :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Bees, bad luck = Bad memories. Last summer I was stung (while riding) once on the eyelid, I guess I hit him just right cause he splattered and all that was left of him was his big butt with the stinger in my eyelid. Hurt like hell. Once on the cheek below the other eye and once on the back of the neck. All three was at speed and not while stopped. To top it off I went to a football game at Auburn and got one on the back of the neck AGAIN! That one made me sick all day. Never saw it but when I felt it land on my neck it was about 2 inches long (probably a hornet). I now ride with my lid closed at all times no matter how hot it is.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Man, same thing happend to me the other day. Riding allong, nice hot day, open my jacket up and bang, one of the little fuckers is in my jacket.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree with EsotericRR, JuneBug's are f-in deadly. Just last week I ran through what felt like 30 of them, I'm sure it was more like 5. You might as well drive into a paintball field because it feel's just like it...cept they don't leave washable paint they leave guts and crap!! No bee incidents yet though (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Youch. I had a buddy that cought a bee in his helmet as we were going home from school years ago. It cought the edge of his visor and exploded in his face ( he had it half cracked ) and the main body of the bee got into his ear. Talk about Wrath of Kahn type freak out. He got most of it out at the scene, he thought he got it all , but the stinger got him in the ear canal and inside his ear got all infected. NASTY. So for years now even though I love the wind in my face, I almost always ride with my visor closed. And EsotericRR you are so right, I can stop faster than anything on earth when something gets in your helmet. Its like full on GP Pit lane stop. Oh, thanks all, now I fear the bee in the leathers...... lets seethat would be , speeding ticket, reckless driving, improper lane change. invalid parking in no parking zone and to top it all off, public nudity :) Safe travels out there.

·
Registered
540 Posts
hahaha, what a great thread, cept i'm all paranoid now.

i caught a wasp in the arm back in the day before i had my jacket. stinger and gutts hangin out of my arm, and i went a mile down the road before i managed to get it out. that hurt.

june bug kick, i was goin down my driveway at night like 20mph w/ my visor up, and caught a junebug right in the eye. hurt like hell and took me a min or two to see right again :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts