Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i took my a$$ end apart to remove the heatshields, wrap the mid, and install a fender kit and after I got the bike all back together it seems as if I have two bolts that should be on my bike but are not.

i am seriously at a loss here. i took it all back apart and started from the beginning and i cannot figure out where these little bastards go. they are the stock allen bolts with a 1/4" spacer butted up against the head. i thought they went to t either the seat or under the passenger seat but they dont.

i afraid to take it out on the 5 and watch pieces start flying off in my rearview mirrors. im not gonna be able to sleep tonight hahaha

any takers?

Happy Thanksgiving by the way!

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
if you removed your old fender then some bolts should be left over.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
yah depending on what you did or removed. you may have some bolts leftover.
tell us any type of mods/upgrades youve done back there. and post some pics.
itll help with us trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt end up putting the fender or anything on cuz my wife needs the truck all day tomorrow and I have to be mobile in the morning- so i had to put it back together.

i took everything apart, removed the heatshields, rear pegs, fender, right rear set, cowl, etc etc.......put everything back together including the stock fender and now i have these 2 bolts staring at me. its almost as if they are taunting me....

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
hmmmm...not sure where. but then again, lots of bolts look like those. =/
it looks like the 2 bolts that secure the tail piece to the subframe.
the 2 fwd holes inside of the tail next to the lock assembly on the right and left sides.

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
seat bolts? or possibly the two bolts that go to the tail that are under the rear seat.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm with Slaps. Good guess.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
It's been forever since I messed with a heat shield but if I'm not mistaken one goes through the rearset to the lower heat shield. If you remove the shield there is not a place for the bolt to go back in. Just a guess.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
i think that goes to the cowl...as far as i remember...coz i've taken my heatshield and rearsets off and i dont remember having that kind of allen bolt on those parts...

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
i think that goes to the cowl...as far as i remember...coz i've taken my heatshield and rearsets off and i dont remember having that kind of allen bolt on those parts...
I was just guessing. It's been a while since I removed a heatshield.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's been forever since I messed with a heat shield but if I'm not mistaken one goes through the rearset to the lower heat shield. If you remove the shield there is not a place for the bolt to go back in. Just a guess.
that was gonna be one of my guesses too

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
I did an engine rebuild once and there was 3 bolts left over, lol. Engine ran so oh well, hahahaha.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
HEY I NEED THOSE BOLTS!!! I need one that hold the top of the tail to the top of the subframe!!!! Can you mail one to me?!?!?!?! Hahahaha puleeeeezzzzeeee

·
Registered
267 Posts
it is either a lower fairing bolt or what they already said

1 - 20 of 21 Posts