Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all , I'm okay .. just got some leather rash from impact with minor headache .

I was coming on a intersection about to make a right turn . as i was making a right turn , i felt my rear coming around me . i kept the throttle , put more counter-steer to make it stood up , didnt help ! bike end up 180deg and threw me on my back/right side . bamm ! :banghead: fuckkkkk ! i got up fast as i can , bike is down on left side , leaking fluid . got em up n park it on sidewalk .

no cops came or nothing , didnt want them to show up neways.. probably make me pay for the clean-up . so i called my buddy up truck it home .

note : i had power race tire on . i did alot of research on these tires .. some member here even told me those tires are not made for street due to operating temp . so i've set my mind up way before i was suit up . gota take it easy . and this shiz happens ...... i wasnt even gasing out hard .....:cwm21:

well lesson learned . as for damage . bike must have been flipped over somehow ... cant believe all this got damaged .. *sigh*
1. upperfaring damaged , left side / right side fairings damaged , rear / cowl fairing damaged , tank cover damaged , windscreen damaged
2. stator cover cracked , cluthc cover rashed ( no leak )
3. scotts damper ( base knob broke off ) leaking fluid
4. both handle bars bent . some scuff marks on levers .
5. left side rearset bent ( fixable )
6. fairing stay cracked .
7. sub frame bent a little

I didnt have lot of spare money to spend on bike . so i ordered , woodcraft both clip on , stator cover , clutch protection . as for scotts .. they charge 35 bucks for labor plus what ever parts it needs .
but im looking for fairing stay . and all plastic ? im just have to research how to fix n probably go with rattle can flat black ...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks yall ! yea im glad i didnt get hurt2bad . bike is already naked . just waitting on parts from cyclesector .

as for fairings , i decided to go with MJ . 06 race fairings . 625 painted/shipped isnt too bad for race fairing price . but i really think other company such as attack/sharkskinz/ etc farings are more stronger , but very pricey .. well..i dont want to think too ahead .. main think is mechanical first .. i could carry less about how it looks .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news! DAMN!
At least YOU are okay.

You are right about the Power Race's. You REALLY need to heat thes up for the street...I use these on the track, and have NEVER had a problem...I love these tires!

Also, proper tire pressure is essential for these tires...Do you know what pressure you were running?

If you like the Michelin's and don't plan on doing any track days, try the 2CT's.

Good luck..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to hear the bad news! DAMN!
At least YOU are okay.

You are right about the Power Race's. You REALLY need to heat thes up for the street...I use these on the track, and have NEVER had a problem...I love these tires!

Also, proper tire pressure is essential for these tires...Do you know what pressure you were running?

If you like the Michelin's and don't plan on doing any track days, try the 2CT's.

Good luck..
i was running 29 front / 24 rear at fontana . but i bumped it up to 32 front / 32 rear for street . i cant blame noone else , its BIG TIME my fault .
my 1st trackday i had 2ct's love em ! 2nd with power-race ( had little more confident ) no warmers tho .
now i know why people sell take offs .. no regrets !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts