Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it happened and it was all my fault. :bitchslap: Stupid me did not slow all the way down for a stop sign and there was a car flying up the road that I did not see until the last second. Pulled hard on the front brake in the middle of a turn doing about 2 miles per hour, not good. The bike went down on top me and the good part is I was not hurt, well if you don’t count my pride. The Intuitive sliders did on HELL of a job!!! Once I got my bike back up I was totally shock and relieved to find no damage what so ever to anything other than the frame and swing arm slider, even that was very minor. I just could not believe that there was not even a small scrap or scratch on anything else other than the sliders. Maybe because most of my body broke the fall of the bike but Intuitive has my vote for life!

So here’s the kicker, when I was putting the bike away I noticed that the only place I missed that hit was my plate off the tire in the rear. I have Havoc’s FE but I thought that was strange as hell that out of all the places it could have hit, it hit there.

My only question is when the bike folded over on me and I stood it back up some liquid dumped out of one of the run off tubes. It did not look like anti-freeze so what else could it have been since there are two tubes? The bike did not start up the first or second time I hit the start but then it did with no problems. I rode it for about 25 miles with 0 problems. So are there any fluids I need to check? There was not a ton that dumped out but more than a drop.

Ho Hum.
Be safe and not stupid like me. :roll:
Jason

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hondaf4iguy said:
Gas probably blowing out of the vern. No worries.

Glad you are OK. Luck was on your side (minus the fall and all)
Ya know what, I bet you are 100% right. I just filled the tank up full minutes before this happened and yeah, it did look like gas to me once you said that but I did not touch/ smell it. I was more in shock and by the time I got back from my ride, it had poured so I could not look again as it was all washed away. This only happened a few yards from my driveway. :( Thinking now that is probably why the bike went over so easy because of the full tank of gas... Still though it was my stupidity that it had to happen at all.

Thanks for your post...

Any idea how the rear tire hit the FE?
Jason

·
Registered
544 Posts
You lucky son of a biatch!!!!! glad the RR is ok! dont really care about you!

just joken glad your both ok!

TIM

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Welcome to the club...glad you had sliders AND weren't hurt by anything...

...probably not the right place but Tim, come out to DCTC tomorrow you bitch, 9 to 5

H

·
0 Posts
glad to hear that you are ok.... that $hit happens to the best of us... and i agree with the above it was most likely gas... esp since the tank was full...

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pharaohf4 said:
what brand swingarm sliders did you have?

glad to hear that everything worked out fine
Intuitive as well.

Jason

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
homerjay4242 said:
glad to hear that you are ok.... that $hit happens to the best of us... and i agree with the above it was most likely gas... esp since the tank was full...
Yeah it sucks and I learnt a lesson the hard way but if I don’t make that mistake again…

Yup, tank was filled to the very top minutes before.

Jason

Ps. I still don’t see how and the hell the plate hit off the tire, any ideas there?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I almost did the exact same thing the other day, pulling out of the parking garage at work, it's on the side of a hill, and I was turning down hill. Some lady pulls out of the "in" side and turns right right in front of me. Slammed on the brakes with the wheel cranked left and she started to drop. All I can say is thank God there was no sand, and for all those squats because I was barely able to catch it and muscle it back up before it hit the ground.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts