Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought an 03 Honda cbr600rr red/black tribal. Some of the mods it has are:
-Pazzo Shorty levers: black with red adjusters
-renthal medium compound grips
-PC3 USB with map for current exhaust
-Jardine (carbon fiber) slip on
-Fender elimnator (not sure which brand) w/ carbon turnsignals
-Flushmount fron turn signals
-Dark smoke double bubble windscreen (not sure what brand)
-Galfer steel braided brake lines (front and rear)
-Stomp Tank Grips
-Frame sliders (vortex)
-Swing arm sliders/spools (dont know the brand)
-520 chain conversion kit w/ black driven front sprocket (-1) and gold renthal rear sprocket (+2) and gold RK XSO chain

came with fairly new Bridgestone BT-002RS tires
14.6k miles

picked it up for $4000 not bat for a first used bike (i think..)

But what I didnt notice until after I bought the bike were that the highbeam was missing its bulb (easy fix), and under fairing is ziptied (completely) the air rams are duct taped in position (wtf) AND the biggest probelm.. the front left and rear right turn signals dont work, but the other 2 do...
For the bulbs im going to upgrade to some clear whites (the brightest possible w/o HIDs - what others are there that are super bright and not HIDs?)
The fairing im going to get the screws (hopefully) - do you guys know what screws are used/where I can get them?
As for the turn signals I have no idea whats wrong with them. Shops are asking like $70 an hour just for inspection and Im tight on money. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Ryan

·
Registered
962 Posts
First off.. do you know that both headlights dont turn on at the same time. Anyways, Signal lights dont work? check the soldering and wiring if their flush mounts. Also are you positive that they are not always on? Running wires wired in or you need resistors. Screws for cheap, bikebolts.com, they are also on ebay.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i know there is a seperate highbeam Im not a newb newb! The bulb is just not there. He left the stock lowbeam in and put in an HID highbeam then sold me the bike without the HID highbeam or the original highbeam bulb. As for the turn signals they are flushmounts and act as turn signals AND running lights the front right turn signal works but not the left. I know it is also a running light as the left one is ALWAYS lit until i put my turnsignal on and then it blinks.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Pull out your multimeter and start testing. Trace back to where you have power. Check the signal light bulb's filament. The left signal is always lit because the right one doesn't work. Once you replace the bulb or figure out what's the problem is, they all should flash synchronously.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand that signals are not REQUIRED as I am in Ca but hand signals on the bike is just a pain in the ass! plus im a new rider. Id like to keep my hand on the handlebars... plus cars are more bike friendly when you have turn signals... and I want to be 100% ligit

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
I did arm-signaling for a year... sucks... having real turn signals is a nice luxury and worth the money/time to fix.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I wouldn't pay anyone....it should be an easy fix. Where are you at in CA? Search for local help and buy someone a 6-pk. Great opportunity to meet a riding buddy....

But again, everything you mentioned seems like an easy fix and shouldn't need the help of any shop....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts