Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
god damn. i hate these the most when riding.

RIGHT HAND TURNS. NOT AT HIGH SPEEDS OR COASTING SPEEDS. RIGHT HAND TURNS AFTER STOP SIGNS OR A RED LIGHT. i need to creep forward to check for cars or pedestrians or cyclist. and once i creep up i just eliminated my 4-5 feet that i get to use before going straight and turning

now my realy question is

HOW DO I MAKE A RIGHT HAND TURN? OFF OF NO SPEED. i want to learn hhow to make a smooth right hand turn off of a stop sign or a red light and keep my lane.

dont tell me i need an msf course or whatever ijust finished. im fine withe verything but this is something i need to work on and i want tips and advice. im a confident and safe rider.

please just some help. no need to flame it wont do anyone any good. thanks

right hand turns at a stop and moving forward any tips?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I hate right hand turns. That said, take it to a parking lot and practice and you will learn to take them as tight as you want.

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
Look where you want to go and do it. Seriously, you are NOT a safe and confident rider if you have to post this. Go somewhere and practice, but do it OFF OF PUBLIC ROADS.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Just gotta get used to them. Maybe swing to a parking lot and keep trying it out. How long have you been riding?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look where you want to go and do it. Seriously, you are NOT a safe and confident rider if you have to post this. Go somewhere and practice, but do it OFF OF PUBLIC ROADS.

i dont need u to tell me what im good and what im bad at. i dont need u to tell me where i need to ride. i would like to thank everyone here for there nice and positive feedback and advice. and no thanks to u. u wasted my time and now u will waste ur own time by reading this.

u gave me some semi half ass advice witht he look where u want to go. yes i look at the moon everyday. and the rest following what u said was just irrelevant.

yes ur a a vet pro old timer, big shot big namer. i dont reallly care. i dont know much about forums i dont realyl care about who u are and where ur from. i find this forum as a place for everyoen to gather experiences. share and learn and be better. not a place for me to take **** from people. so meh. not phasing me with what ur saying and wont change the way i am or what i do. i know what i am capable of and i know what im not. i know how to be safe and i will try to apply my skills to best of my abilities on the street to make myself safe and others around me. i know i need practice. and i can make a first step by asking for advice on forums. so yeah u might think ur all high and mighty but really even from a nooob from me ur not getting any respect. and im a person thats all for respect especially for the old and wise.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Practice... we talking about Practice!

as other have said, just hit up a parking lot for an hour or 2 and set up some cones, maybe throw some headphones on and work on it. you'll get there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all you can really do is practice them. not to much throttle into the turn and lean into it.

thanks bro..

in my riding course we were taught the right hand turns and i usually am only use to leaning in corners when going fast. but when im going from 0pmh-15-20mph im actually a little hesitiant to leaning. do u still lean at those speeds for these type of maneuvers?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Practice... we talking about Practice!

as other have said, just hit up a parking lot for an hour or 2 and set up some cones, maybe throw some headphones on and work on it. you'll get there.

THANKS BUD BUT ALLEN IVERSON NEVER PRACTICES!?!!

AND YEEEEE THE HEADPHONES ARE MAGIC! luv em. once i put them on for the first time mannnn riding is so boring w/o them!

RICK ROSS EVERYDAY IM HUSTLING
JAYZ FT LINKIN PARK - NUMB

WOW THOSE SONGS are sick to ride too hahahha

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i dont need u to tell me what im good and what im bad at. i dont need u to tell me where i need to ride. i would like to thank everyone here for there nice and positive feedback and advice. and no thanks to u. u wasted my time and now u will waste ur own time by reading this.

u gave me some semi half ass advice witht he look where u want to go. yes i look at the moon everyday. and the rest following what u said was just irrelevant.

yes ur a a vet pro old timer, big shot big namer. i dont reallly care. i dont know much about forums i dont realyl care about who u are and where ur from. i find this forum as a place for everyoen to gather experiences. share and learn and be better. not a place for me to take **** from people. so meh. not phasing me with what ur saying and wont change the way i am or what i do. i know what i am capable of and i know what im not. i know how to be safe and i will try to apply my skills to best of my abilities on the street to make myself safe and others around me. i know i need practice. and i can make a first step by asking for advice on forums. so yeah u might think ur all high and mighty but really even from a nooob from me ur not getting any respect. and im a person thats all for respect especially for the old and wise.
:drunk: ummmm... WOW?

relax man (or woman, i'm not sure - and no i'm not being mean, just courteous), you're on a forum, you're going to get responses of all sorts and all opinions... you want my advice, take it all with a grain of salt, pick out what you like, and ignore the rest. and if you want to be part of this 'community' and gain respect from people, you're going to have to learn to take it first. we all do. but when the time comes, you can then give it as well...

TheX - nice advice (and i'm being honest there, but your delivery of 'said info' is awesome!!!) :+1::shakehand:crackup:

Edit: wow... usually i start the flame party with fuel like this, huh, what's wrong with me today... smh

·
Registered
34 Posts

This was pretty immature.

"Look where you want to go" is actually the best advice there is. It's what they drill into your head at the MSF course.

Someone just posted a thread like this and there was an awesome video that shows you exactly what to do in a right hand turn from a stop.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
thanks bro..

in my riding course we were taught the right hand turns and i usually am only use to leaning in corners when going fast. but when im going from 0pmh-15-20mph im actually a little hesitiant to leaning. do u still lean at those speeds for these type of maneuvers?
Not really the same leaning. Ill pay attention when I ride again, but I think like 0-15 Im not leaning....or maybe Im just not thinking about it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Usually for me under 15 mph or so its like riding a bicycle. From a stop to a right turn turn the wheel right no lean and when you gas through the turn the bike naturally straightens up as long and your not putting force on the handles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:drunk: ummmm... WOW?

relax man (or woman, i'm not sure - and no i'm not being mean, just courteous), you're on a forum, you're going to get responses of all sorts and all opinions... you want my advice, take it all with a grain of salt, pick out what you like, and ignore the rest. and if you want to be part of this 'community' and gain respect from people, you're going to have to learn to take it first. we all do. but when the time comes, you can then give it as well...

TheX - nice advice (and i'm being honest there, but your delivery of 'said info' is awesome!!!) :+1::shakehand:crackup:
Edit: wow... usually i start the flame party with fuel like this, huh, what's wrong with me today... smh
yeaaaaaaaaaa

lol licking some nice bum ehh------buddy u get this straight im not here in this 'community' to build respect ect ect build seniority so that one day when im mighty and tuff and someone asks for advice i can s h i t on them. lol idiots. im here because im an rr rider i wanna learn and i wanna move forward in a positive note. im not here to gain any pride not here to disrespect people and im not here to kiss peoples ass. were aall here to learn gather and respect eachother.. so what i hang around this forum to take **** from the old timers and so when my time comes i can give **** to the newbies? thats not respect thats called being an american. the bullying syndrome there is no cure.

i have not disrepsected anyone by starting this thread and yet u want me to take $H1t lol. wont do it regardless the situation.

:fyou::+1:. watch what u say.

·
Registered
351 Posts
thanks bro..

NP...as far as leaning, it wouldnt really be a full lean. more of a leading your bike towards the turn.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.