Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I'm certain it's a scam... what I'd like is for someone to fill me in on how the scam works!

Here's what I received in my email inbox this morning...

Thank you for your reply.

My client saw that the description of the article and he is satisfied
of the description.
He agreed to send you a check. This will be the payment for
the object and transport cost.In more, I have a transport company
reliable which will collect the question once you have
cashed the check.

I talked to the carrier and he said he will be in your country
as soon as possible to collect equipment already
purchased by my client.
It is the arrangement.

1 .. You will receive and cash the check.

2 ... Deduct the cost of the item ($6400), then give the surplus
funds for the carrier to be in your country for
transport and shipping.
Send me your name and address to check.
I hope you understand?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
theres all kinds of scams out there, and this looks like one of them!

i dont know how it works but youll probly wind up on the shyty end of the stick! be carefull.
imo... sell it to someone localy or ebay it!!

·
Premium Member
14,406 Posts
G

·
Either you'll be passing off a bad/stolen check or money order, or you'll be waking up in the morning with no bike and walking bow-legged.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
SCAM!! You will be sent a fraudulent check. When you deposit it (if the bank takes it) the bank will realize it is a fake when they try to rectrieve the funds and you will be responsible for it.

Stay away...stay far away.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had one of those when I was selling my truck. It said just about the same exact thing. I figured it was a scam also. Like they said its gonna be a fake check by time they figure it out they got ur bike and u get the police at ur door.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Its just another phishing scam to personal info from you, then use your info with another scam, like someone else credit card number with your name and add. Stay away.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ya, there are a TON of those out there. When I was looking for a bike on Craigslist I'd say at least 50% were scams. Either they were out of state or eBay had the bike and had to ship it, all scams. I bought my bike local, checked it out, rode it, and paid cash, that's the best way for both parties. Only way i would ever buy a bike and have it shipped was if it was a bike I really wanted and a killer deal and most definitely from someone reputable on the boards.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lame.

I hate that crap. Mostly because I've bought all my bikes in the US, and these scams make it hard for me to get buyers to take me seriously.

I replied and said, "I'm interested... tell me more"

If I get a reply (unlikely) I'll post up. See how much fun I can have with this chump.

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,886 Posts
Hmmm trying to get you to pass a bad check and also find out where the location of your bike...so i wouldnt reply to that. I've had plenty of those emails

·
Registered
602 Posts
lol. people now days.. If it sounds confusing its a scam. Anyone that doesnt come with certified check/cash I wouldn't trust. And even with a certified check, I wouldnt take one unless I had their drivers license number, address etc. Moneys real, and when you get fucked.... thats real too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Scam

I recieved a similar response when I posted on Craigslist. I actually replied telling him/her to send me his name and address so I can send my items free of charge. I then signed the letter Brack Obama. They replied something like 10 Burial Ground street
Mortuary Bus Stop
then they signed it with Osama Bin Laden. I thought its crazy that theres actually someone waiting for a gullible seller. It made me wonder about how much stuff he came up on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.