Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is an email I git today refering to my ad in cycle trader. Look at the bottom. Yahoo is giving the AU - instant messenger info out. Hmmm.... can we smell cheap fraud?

This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]

From: "CycleTrader Security Center" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book
Subject: Cycle Trader Account Verification Problem
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:47:49 +0300

Cycle Trader Security Center: Credit Card Problem

Because of the high credit card fraud we need you to place the credit or debit card you have used at registration again on file.

To confirm the credit card details, just click the button below:

Click Here!

Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.
Copyright © 2003 CycleTrader Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
CycleTrader and the CycleTrader logo are trademarks of CycleTrader Inc.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com
The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Dude, just to be safe I'd give them all your credit card numbers. And checking and savings accounts for extra security.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I got a message like that from paypal before asking for my username and password, as well as email account name and password because they were lost during the one of the shut downs for site maintenance. I knew it was bogus right away when they asked for the email info but then I looked at the address bar and it was from someone @paypa1.com. Always double check the address bars! They used all the paypal and credit card logos in their email, it totally looked legit but I wasn't falling for the scam.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
view full headers if your mail proggie lets you

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
Black05rr said:
I got a message like that from paypal before asking for my username and password, as well as email account name and password because they were lost during the one of the shut downs for site maintenance. I knew it was bogus right away when they asked for the email info but then I looked at the address bar and it was from someone @paypa1.com. Always double check the address bars! They used all the paypal and credit card logos in their email, it totally looked legit but I wasn't falling for the scam.
paypal will also only address you by the name on your account: Dear So'n'So

1 - 6 of 6 Posts