Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you get the feeling that when riding the track/canyons that your just wringing the sh!t out of the bike. Second gear turn 12K twist the throttle it moves, you shift to third, fourth and then down to 3rd and 2nd agian and your just owning the bike. It just seems to me like I can handle this bike, I think, "Man im owning this engine!!!" I can do whatever I want, and im not scared like my litre friends. Anyone else feel this way?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't necessarily fear my bike. I fear the grip of the tires, obstacles in the roadway, and other cars. I know that I'm the one in control of me, it's the things I'm out of control of that I'm scared of.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I get that feeling bro I live out in the booneys and you rip from intersection to little back roads and and turn offs and stuff just pop 1st 2nd and 3rd nothign sweeter then comming into a little corner down shifting and having the rear tire slide aroudn the coner with you and I feel like sometimes im betaing on it but then I look at it as mine as well ride the hell out of it thats what I bought it for but I def dont feel like my bike wones me

·
Registered
282 Posts
SPR SLO said:
I don't necessarily fear my bike. I fear the grip of the tires, obstacles in the roadway, and other cars. I know that I'm the one in control of me, it's the things I'm out of control of that I'm scared of.
+1 good point

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Not really scared of mine but I do respect it. That's what keeps me from doing something stupid on it.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
yeah sometimes, but once you are out on the track you realize you're not as fast as you think you are.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
dunno. i feel pretty comfortable with what im doing, but still havent even taken the chix strips all the way off. got like a cm left.

too scared of cagers or obstacles in the road. mainly cagers, too many idiot drivers out by me.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
gotta get on a track.

·
Registered
155 Posts
SPR SLO said:
Im right there with you man!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Going one step further about being in control. I can't even ride a roller coaster, b/c I'm not in control. It's almost a phobia. I can not ride in a car when someone else is driving either. I guess it just makes me feel more secure that I know I am going to look out for certain things on the roadway that I can't trust others to do.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I know this: I'm in control of my head and my head controls my right hand. The only thing I fear is thinking I can do something and OVERestimating my abilities. Pride is a very dangerous thing.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Dude, wait tell u show up all hot shot in the track then get out braked by a guy in a GS500 or a harley sportster (trust me, its possible, I have been the victim of it before on my SV650 Its all in the rider). Trust me, what your doing on the street could lead to some bad consequances. I fear mostly what I can't control on the street, such as leaves/wet spot around the corner, dogs, deer, old men in trucks, etc... trust me, all it takes is a hot shot session on the street and your done. I say keep the hot doggin to the track were it belongs. Personally I think its irresponsible to ride THAT hard on the street (nothing that a spirited ride isn't out of reach of but not full on grinding pegs). Do what u will, just remeber is the stuff u don't fear that always kills u (in my case, it will probably be a revolving door at a hotel when I am 90).

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
With 4 months street experience and already wrecking at least once that I know of, if you think you are "owning" the bike, you're in for a reality check.

This thread is :supergay:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The street is no place to get rid of chicken strips. The street is no place to drag anything or slide anything.

The street scares me. It's like playing paintball when you are the only one left and you can't see anyone from the other team.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts