1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
sweet! congrats man!

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
nice man. i hope your that happy about the responsibility too.
im still waiting for my MCI to post so i can get Sgt. lol

H

·
0 Posts
congrats... and for us non military, what is this line number about,..

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
every year the marine corps selects a set number of peopel to promot to that rank, this is not the same for all ranks however.
this number is basically how long you gotta wait.
so if 13301 is in the last half, guess what hes getting promoted in the last few months of the fiscal year, but someone lik espectre will get thier a lot sooner.

got it?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
homerjay4242 said:
congrats... and for us non military, what is this line number about,..
When you test for a new grade and make it, they assign you a number according to your time in service/time in grade as to when youll be promoted. Each month, they release a list of numbers that will be promoted...1-1000 the first month, 1001-2421 the second month and so on and so forth as an example. I got 13301 for the AirForce because i have a low time in service/time in grade score because ive only been in for a little over 3 years...i probably wont put it on till this time next year where as the person who got in the 4000s will probably have it on before the end of the year or somewhere there abouts.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
good work :)

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Congrats man!

We had 43 troops make it in my unit! If you ask me they have promoted too many people to Staff Sergeant over the last 4 years.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
ok, since im alos non-military and dont know too much about it....what are ur duties as a staff sargeant now?

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Damn, congrats how long have u been in? It took me about 3 years to get to corporal..Makes me seem like a ****-bird..MOS was to big. I was in from 94-98. Glad i didn't re-up. No regrets though wouldn't have the best job right now if i never went. gratz again!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts