Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here goes....

I`m actually really liking the new Suzuki GSXR1000. I went and looked at one at the dealer on Saturday, and aside from the pipe (which WILL get swapped) I`m likin it.

I know all about the build quality difference, I`ve owned Hondas all my life (thanks Dad for gettin me started), but I`m in a cycle of being able to get a new bike every year right now and there is no difference in the 05 1000RR from the 04, which I already own. Make no mistake, I love the 04 1000RR, but something is making me want to try something else besides Honda after all these years. And dont come to the table with all that squid crap, I`m 40 years old now and have been riding street since `81 so that isn`t an issue for me anymore.

I could keep the 1000RR and get the gsxr, but I`m thinking about selling the 1000RR, keeping the Suzuki for 1 year, then selling it to go back home with the 06 1000RR. I cant seem to shake the urge to try something else (non Honda) out for a while.

So what I`m looking for is some imput from those that came over from Suzuki to Honda, and what their impressions are after having made the jump.

Oh yea, you guys and gals let me stay after selling my 03 600RR for the 04 1000RR,
would you still love me (ok, just let me hang around) if I got the 05 gsxr1000? :smile:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sorry MTC..I don't have the Suzuki to Honda experience....but I can agree that having a "fling" with other manufacturer's bikes is fine...I sold my 600RR and picked up a Kawasaki Z1000.....I'm all smiles for the new ride and experience....

in fact, I had come from Yamaha before the RR....so, it's been a god mix and an overall quite even experience....i've yet to have a Suzuki but i'm tempted by the GSX-R750 for next year......Nowadays, bikes are so well made and perform so well that it's hard to say that any of the litre bikes out there now would disapoint, so I say go for it and have fun! :smile: ...cheers

V

·
0 Posts
Good one mule. I would go for something different. I just think that the 1000rr or the G1k would be too close alike....and the Gixxer looks like dog poop. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
876 Posts
if you check with 1000rr.net, there is a thread about Suzuki or go to the gixxer site before you buy it so you wont regret it later, I heard there is already problem with the 05 gixxer 1k.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Well since you already stated you want to buy the 06 1000RR, why not stick it out till the end of the year?? You usually start seein the next years model in what...around september-october? Thats only about 6 months away!! I say, wait it out!! Go find a dealer that has the GSXR and take it for a spin...just one ride might steer you away.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeffro, no test ride dealers anywhere around here, so thats out. The 06 cbr probably wont be out til this time next year. The only way it would be out in september is if they leave it unchanged. I`m thinking they will at least shave some weight and make the kind of changes they did with the 05 600RR, which would mean a Feb/March release. Now, its not like I`m stuck with some old junker here, but next year it`ll be worth 2 grand less. If I do this, I`m looking to do it while I still have alot of value left in mine so I can put alot of money towards the gsxr and get it paid off for when its time to come back to Honda.

Honiton, I`m already over at gixxer.com poking around, and I`m also a member at 1000rr.net. I read that "05 gsxr1000 already has problems" thread over at 1000rr.net. I really dont know where that guy is gettin his info from, the only real problem I`ve read from threads at gixxer.com is that the mirrors suck....that can be said of almost all sport bikes. One guy talked of the front getting light while leaned over and said he only had 150 miles on her and hadn`t set the suspension up yet. Dont forget, the Suzuki guys were no doubt saying the same thing about the 1000rr when the speedo recall was announced, and I can tell ya that was no big deal to those that own a 1000rr. I have yet to do the recall on mine, my speedo is fine.

But keep it coming guys, any insight is welcome. I posted this not cause I cant make up my own mind, but because I value the opinions of the folks on this site.

·
Registered
236 Posts
What about an Italian twin in addition to the RR? If you can swap bikes every year, having 2 bikes shouldn't be much of a stretch. See my signature. Variety is truly the spice of life! Mike

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I can't get over those Gixxer cyclops ugly ass headlights. If it were me, I'd be all over the R1, that's a sexy bike

If you get a gixxer, everyone will expect you to do wheelies dude!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
WherzRoony said:
I can't get over those Gixxer cyclops ugly ass headlights. If it were me, I'd be all over the R1, that's a sexy bike

If you get a gixxer, everyone will expect you to do wheelies dude!
i agree

·
Registered
90 Posts
I own the 1Krr, riden the R1 and the 05GSXR1K. Here is how I rate them (IMHO)...cbr, GSXR (very close 2nd), R1.

I love my cbr for the looks, power and forgiveness if I make a mistake. Great bike, no problems!

The GSXR has some great new technology. Bike felt physically smaller (probably is but haven't done any research on the bike). I like the Pass button for the flashing headlights. I think the "what gear am I in" on the dash is a waste. The integrated turnsignals inthe mirror and tail section are cool looking, but very costly if you drop the bike! (that's a big CON for it). Plastic removal is a bit tedioud for oil changes, or so I am told. Bike handled like a dream and has an abundance of power.

R1...I didn't like the way it felt. That's it...I was not comfortable on it. I guess it goes down to personal preferance...

·
Registered
665 Posts
WherzRoony said:
quote]

I have to agree as well, if I wanted a 1k non-Honda bike - The '05 RI would be it.

·
Registered
870 Posts
All bikes have small problems the first year they are produced, early adopters just have realize that and deal with it.

Peace
Will

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SRADman said:
check out www.gixxer.com its a good suzuki site
I`m already over there reading what I can from people that already have one, even introduced myself in "the starting line".

For those that said go with the R1, there`s just something about the nose that I just dont like, too tall and wide maybe. I`m sure its a kick ass ride, but it just doesn`t do it for me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts