Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 bro's Carbon Fiber on my 600rr right now. I actually don't mind it around town and love the way it screams - when I want it to.

When I don't want it to be loud is on the interstate cruising at 85 MPH.

What is a good exhaust that sounds nice but isn't going to leave me with hearing problems later on in life?

There seems to be so much debate on this. Is the akra my best bet? Would a db silencer work?

I just want to be able to not get a headache on 3-4 hour rides.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I can sell you my stock headers and exhaust, lol.

Do you ride with earplugs? Once I got used to them, I can't go back now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Get a p1x tip for your current exhaust it will quiet it down a lot. Or get a Leo Vince exhaust which sounds amazing on these bikes . My previous 07 600 had it and I loved it . But yeah man check out the the p1x tip vids on youtube and see if you like it . I bought one for the 2 bros pipe on my cbr 1000 but it quieted down to much for my liking.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I do wear foam ear plugs. Even still the constant drone of the two bros is insane.
I had to sell a Yoshi RS5 because of this. It wasn't that it was loud - it was the harmonics that just passed through the bike and my earplugs at certain RPMs, most notably highway speeds. There was no way around it and I went back to a stock pipe.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Leo vince works great for me. When i want it to scream I take the baffle out. It hurts tho so that's only for short rides. It's baffle in for me most of the time. Even with earplugs

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just get custom made earplugs at costco for $50. They are really comfortable and you dont even notice them when riding

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah Costco does custom made earplugs at the hearing place where they sell hearing aids.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll look into some custom ear plugs. $50 beats $600 any day.

So pretty much any aftermarket exhaust on my RR is going to be unpleasant at speed?

I was thing about some noise canceling ear buds for my mp3 but only for long trips. I love the sound of my 2bros around town
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Me too, I don't mind the 2 bros around town. When cruising around 4500 RPMs for 20 minutes it sounds real nice.

When cruising at 7500 RPMs for six hours I want to hang myself.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I'll look into some custom ear plugs. $50 beats $600 any day.

So pretty much any aftermarket exhaust on my RR is going to be unpleasant at speed?

Me too, I don't mind the 2 bros around town. When cruising around 4500 RPMs for 20 minutes it sounds real nice.

When cruising at 7500 RPMs for six hours I want to hang myself.
My Akra with the baffle in is quite nice, some noise without blowing my ears out.

Mike

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Akrapovič Exhaust

I have an Akrapovič slip-on installed on my CBR and it is routinely noise tested at trackdays. I've had it tested with and without the baffle for comparison and the results are below.

103.2 dB (Without Baffle)*
98.6 dB (With Baffle)*

*Measured at 5500 rpm

With the baffle inserted its not much louder, if at all, than the OEM exhaust; but the noise it makes is simply different. Most of the time I just leave the baffle in unless I'm on a trackday with a 105 dB noise limit as opposed to the standard 102 dB. Baffle fitted, and with earplugs in, I've never had any problems on longer journeys.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I had the same issue with my two bros. was too loud and got annoying on occasions and attracted too much attention.

Changed to an akra and was much quiter and tolerable atufably a bit too quirt for my liking. Changed to a full system and it increased the noise and now im very happy with a full akra. Perfect sound

1 - 20 of 31 Posts