Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so .. i stripped down my headlighta about 2 weeks ago, and just got a new one in the mail. But now my problem is i dont know exactly how or where everything on the backside of the headlight goes.

my original headlight was an 03 (i have an 03 RR) .. my new one is an 05, is this going to caught any problems between the hardware?

some help please :( i'm looking for a pic of the backside of a complete 05 headlight .. and any advice or feedback! thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
You need a shop manual. I got a copy of one for about $20 on EEEE-bay

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a shop manual i downloaded from online. i looked in it but maybe it's just me .. i couldn't find what i was looking for. My shop manual is for an 03/04. I didn't see it. i'll look again later when i get home from work. thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man.

what i'm having a hard time with is finding where exactly piece #4 goes, along with a similar looking piece and a small electrical box or relay or something (NOT the BAS).

I'm also missing one of the #20's .. the small little caps, but i'm sure i'll be fine.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here are some pics of what i'm talking about ..

First of all, the black arrows, I think that bracket is in the right place, as it holds that sensor (what sensor is that?). the square area is the area in question.

This is what i have left. a bracket, with 2 silver screws that hold it somewhere, and another screw with a weird nut type thing that looks like a prong.

any help is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
That second picture is a piece that is inside the headlight assembly behind the chrome reflectors. It adjusts the angle of the reflectors/lights. . .. I would say its either extra. . .or you don't need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts