Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im fairly new to bikes, only been riding for maybe a year and a half. i bought a new rr about 5 months ago and now im ready for an exhaust upgrade. I dont want to ask "what exhaust should i get" because i dont want to start a 10 page thread where everyone insists the exhaust they have on their bike is the best, etc.... i dont really need the one that makes the most power or the lightest, and hopefully not the one thats the most expensive either. all im really trying to acomplish is to get some decent sound coming out of my bike. i hate cruising around at like 6k rpms and having the bike sound like its working to death because the engine noise is louder than the exhaust at that point. i hope i've explained myself clearly enough for you guys to understand.

would just the muffler itself be sufficient to solve my problem or should i be looking for a more complete exhaust system?

anyways, thanks for the imput and pointing me in the right direction. as always i appreciate it!

·
Registered
273 Posts
i got the Jardine RT-1 , i like the sound the price was awesome and shat Team Honda Runs the same , so u do the math....
Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
it depends on how much are you willing to spend on a slip-on or full system exhaust, if you like the best quality & best sounding exhausts be prepared to shell out $$$ for one. Arata seems to be the most popular choice among here but i went with a different manufacturer for reasons of exclusivity, i just don't want an exhaust that everybody already has even if i had to pay a premium for it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
aarons600rr said:
i got the Jardine RT-1 , i like the sound the price was awesome and shat Team Honda Runs the same , so u do the math....
Just my 2 cents....
Honda uses the NAME Jardine...thats about it.

To answer your question, pretty much any slip on you buy will accomplish what you are looking for. I think my Leo is the best sounding pipe for the RR but thats my ears not yours.

·
Registered
238 Posts
jlagss said:
Honda uses the NAME Jardine...thats about it.

To answer your question, pretty much any slip on you buy will accomplish what you are looking for. I think my Leo is the best sounding pipe for the RR but thats my ears not yours.
i know you have to sign up to watch it, but once someone posted this video of the Leo Vince i knew it was the slip-on I wanted.. the fit and finish look awesome, I just wasn't sure how it sounded... after watching this i knew it was the s/o i wanted

http://youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch?search=cbr+rr&v=xuMEGmChZhw

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its weird! i still havent seen an aftermarket exhaust that looks as well as the original honda one- all the others stick out too far or the heat shield doesnt fit or it doesnt sit flush with the tail piece!? iv had myy rr 11 months now and have been waiting to find the right pipe! anyone out there gotta pic of the perfect aftermarket exhaust with name etc??

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
The closest exhaust that looks stock, I think anyway, is the micron dual outlet...

Have a look at these for sound comparison.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/

They won't sound the same on the 600RR but it's close enough to figure out what you want, if you're only worried about is the sound.

·
Registered
19 Posts
BiGxbOix510 said:
The closest exhaust that looks stock, I think anyway, is the micron dual outlet...

Have a look at these for sound comparison.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/

They won't sound the same on the 600RR but it's close enough to figure out what you want, if you're only worried about is the sound.
Nice is dat an original heat shield on her? musta changed since 03!?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Rob caulfield said:
Its weird! i still havent seen an aftermarket exhaust that looks as well as the original honda one- all the others stick out too far or the heat shield doesnt fit or it doesnt sit flush with the tail piece!? iv had myy rr 11 months now and have been waiting to find the right pipe! anyone out there gotta pic of the perfect aftermarket exhaust with name etc??

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think the Arata fits PERFECT and looks awesome on the bike. It also gives a good amount of power gain, and sounds awesome. A little more expensive than most though. I love mine.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I have the Arata full system. I wouldn't buy any other myself. I did consider the Dual Micron before I got the Arata. I do like that one. I also think one of the Carbon Yoshi's look good. Leo Vince sounds great too and the D&D is loud. The Micron Dual is pretty heavy also.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I've been having the same problem...in deciding which exhaust. For me itsa toss btw the 2Bros and the laser xtreme dual exhaust. Does anybody have the laser xtreme installed? pics and sound clip if possible?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have a look at Scorpion Ti. Nice low sound, not very common, fits well, and you can save a few $$$ (in comparison to Arata, Micron, or Akrapovic)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I went with The Leo Vince Carbon Fiber, Leo's are known for a deep growling sound and the C/F just adds to it. At Idil you won't notice alot of difference but when you have it spooled up is sounds good as hell. Check out Ridersinc.compicked mine up for around $350.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i just put on a scorpion c/f s/o and it sounds awsome. feels a little faster. not much but a little. think i need a pc3. but i think scorpion is a great choice. not too loud but deep.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts