Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys sorry for all the WTF... but i really need help. I changed my spark plugs and put in a new K&N air filter on my 06 cbr600rr and now my oil light and FI light stay on??? the oil light blinks 2 time every 3 secounds and the FI light just stays on...WTF man. i made sure i pluged back all the wires when i was done. What do you think i did wrong and what should i do.

Thank for your help.:wave:

K

·
0 Posts
2 blinks means MAP sensor problem on Gen1 and 2 CBR600RRs. might be different on Gen 3, i donno off hand. i don't have my reference here. 's at home.

2 1/2 second blinks is a code 2 (above)

1 1.3 second blink followed by a 1/2 second blink is a code 11 (Speed sensor issue).

K

·
0 Posts
i could have sworn i responded to this before.

2 blinks .5 seconds apart is a code 2 (MAP Sensor performance issue)

2 blinks 1.3 seconds apart is a code 11 (Speedometer circuit issue)

son of a bitch, i did!

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=110383

come on guy, don't piss me off... double posting your complaint is not going to get you any more right answers...

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
KS
Lets put a new policy in check *** Ask your question once you will get that answer and the answers for the rest of the questions that follow ***

***Ask the question twice and post multiple threads you wont get no answers at all ***

·
Registered
122 Posts
1. check for loose/ poor connections at map (wires)
2. check for proper connection of vaccum hose (check for rubbed hose, cracks)
3.with key on, kill switch on; ceck for 2.7-3.1 volts at ECM connection B12(+) B26(-); incorrect voltage check wiring, if wiring is good replace MAP

i bet your vaccum hose is off, or just a bad sensor if the hose is on the map sensor correctly, trace it to where it connects to the motor. hope that helps

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
The two threads got merged
thanx moe

one more suggestion or possibility as just revealed.........

the map sensor switch isn't mounted firmly & the bracket holding some of the wires along the fuel rail can be poorly mounted. this bracket can also bounce on the map sensor switch causing on/off problems as the switch searches due to being bounced bye bracket/wiring/whatever. once i got this corrected; bike is again running strong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts