Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. first of all, call me stupid and retarded.... Yesterday, my bike battery was dead.. I try to jump start with my suv (i know im not suppose to ) but I put the positive and negative backwards so my mainfuse on my bike went out.. I went to pepboys today and boom.. guages and everything is back on.. I try to jump start it but wtf.. it will crank but it will not fukin turn on.. this is 06 r6.. I know bikes work all the same and 600rr has the fast response.. please help.. I did oil change yesterday and I think it's got good amount of oil..

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok.. found the problem.. i think my ecu is fuked.. great..

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Does your fuel injection turn on??? Check all your fuses... Why didn't you just bump start the bike????? Bumping is the easiest and safest way to start your bike....

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey tripage.. i found the problem.. my ecu is dead.. do you know nebody that fix up the ecu? since you do all the elctronic stuffs..

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, now let me explain what happened.. When I bought the bike, the battery was dead. Me and Charles722 try to start the bike pushin the bike, but we had no luck because it flat ground... So we borrowed the jump start ( I did this plenty of times) but I got way too excited and didn't pay attention to the detail, I put the + , - backwards.. being stupid really hurts.. now I can't even ride my bike for a while because nobody sells 06 ecu except for the dealership, which they charge 1000+ bucks.. I know how to jump the bike.. it was just me being really stupid.. got too hot and excited..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sorry to hear :( It's completely unsafe to use a car to jump a bike and vice versa..but yeah backwards hurts even more. hope the new ecu comes as easy as possible.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
You got a few other options
1. Salvage yard
2. Ebay

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
You could've push started it on flat ground w/ 2 people EASY! Anyhoo...Good Luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts