Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just recently purchased the hotbodies flushmounts for my 06 cbr and im kind of just wanting to read a good walkthrough about how one installs these. Or any one who is willing to give me some decent directions on what ill need as far as tools go and what i need to do to get started.

Im very new to working on bikes so please forgive me if this happens to be one of the more easier slefnewb friendly instalations.

I thought i came across a "how to thread" but ive searched for almost the better half of an hour and cant seem to find it. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks a lot :)

-Fox

·
Fabulous Disaster
327 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these should be plug and play. You just need to remove or loosen your fairings enough to give you room to work. Unplug the old ones first then loosen the nut that holds them to the fairings. Thread the new wires through, install the nut, plug into harness, bolt fairings back up. And you're done.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
If I remember correctly, there is no plug and play. The OEM blinkers have no attaching clip and require cutting/splicing. (this is if we're talking about the front blinkers)

There should be three wires from the OEM blinker and two for your flushmounts. I just put wires together 'til they worked... lol

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
on the 08 it's not plug and play. you need to splice into the wires. the hotbodies packaging actually tells you which wires to use though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts