Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I start tearing into my bike, PLEASE give me some ideas. I have an 04 with 55,000 miles and having problems with it running. It has a full yosh and a gear. HAD a PCIIIbut i took it off because i thought that was the problem. It runs great until it warms up. Then when the bike heats up, it just wont go. On the way home tonight it would only turn 12k and that was at 3/4 throttle i guess. If i turnd it anymore it would fall flatt on its face. Almost like you just cut the fuel to it. ANY suggestions? and would you put the PCIII back on once this issue is fixed? thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
I would test the Recitifier / Regulator , get the battery load tested , Fuel pressure test as well

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Probably a little to late now but it would be worth checking your coils - when they heat up all the wire in them expands causing the open circuit to actually open, once they cool down they contract making the gap close up and viola no more problem. Given the coils location on the bike they will be exposed to considerable heat. To check go and buy a second hand one and swap the ones on the bike out one by one until you find the one that makes the problem go away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts