Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've got some headache since last night because of what happened to my bike. I had a buyer for my bike and I faxed my cancelation on my bike last saturday. Things didn't work out with the buyer so the bike did not get sold. I couldnt take my car out of my garage b/c a car was blocking my driveway...so I took the bike to work. To make long story short. My bike was parked and this truck backed into it and bump my tire/tail and dropped the bike. The incident was caught on video(thank god!!) which is installed in this place I work. So I find out that my insurance was cancelled on the 20th and this happened yesterday the 21st. I filed a police report and its 100% the other guys fault. Now I don't have insurance to file a claim to. I don't have a clue as to how I'm going to get the bike repaired. The damages are all over the bike..plastics and so on. I didn't know that my insurance was going to get cancelled on the 20th. From what I understood, my guy from the insurance agency has told me that after I faxed over my papers to get my insurance canceled, I'd get a confirmation letter stating when my bike will no longer be insured. I need to get my bike to a shop to get an estimate, but I have no insurance now. Should i get the bike insured again just so i can move it from my house to my shop? and what is the best way to go about my situation with the guy hitting my bike with the truck??

lastly, i watched the video over and over at work again today. its really argh...f8king sucks.. I can't describe how pissed off i feel when i see the truck back up to my bike and my biek just going down to the asphalt. the bike has just over 700 miles on it.. damn it's a 04 blue rr. advices would be great. thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
If its his fault you have nothing to worry about. His insurance will fix it and take care of everything. Depending on what state you are in its not even required to have insurance. Make the other guy call his insurance, or tell him you will have to contact a lawyer.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Good call uthinkurfast, Do what he said...if and since it's 100% his fault you shouldn't have to worry about your insurance claim. At least I don't think so. Was it also a hit and run? Get him for that too

Are you still trying to sell the bike? What exactly is wrong with it...because if his insurance CO is paying for it, you might wanna think about NOT getting all of the OEM stuff fixed up(SOOO EXPENCIVE) and just sell it as it is. (that is if the check is big enough to compensate for any loss you'll get for selling the bike "wrecked"...and if the check is for OEM cosmetics it will be) There might be a chance that the check will be big enough that you could end up getting more than what you origionally wanted for the bike. Just calm down and think things through. Good luck

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
i agree with what meddie said you got to calm down and relax
even though its a bitch what happened to you sweet RR
you have get your weapons in line and think strategy not be all rational
1. get yourself a couple of written estimates
2. get a copy of that video
3.call the ass wipe's insurance company yourself and explain to them what happened if they question you tell them you got it on video you do not need an insurance agent on your behalf fight for you and get your bike fixed lets presume you had coverage you would have to pay your deductable first then get it refunded to you now you do not have to do that if and if his insurance co gives you any crap get your lawyer involved keep your chin up this whole incident might be a blessing in disguise (AMEN )good luck man :lol2:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
do you know the driver of the truck or did they flee? if they fled the scene i would ask around your company and someone will surely know who it was. It sounds like it was totally his fault, therefore his insurance would cover the damage.

·
Registered
282 Posts
exactly, like the others have mentioned, this seems to be 100% fault of the trucker.
so in this case, the only person who should be worried about insurance is the trucker.

get a hold of that video ASAP. some smaller companies are known to clear/overwrite and reuse security tapes as early as one to two weeks!

if you have the information from the other driver, contact their insurance company and tell them exactly whats going on.
mention the tape, for sure. this will make it all the less likely for them to fuk around with you.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I calmed down from what happend. I'm trying to not think about. I caught the guy just in time b/c all he did was put my bike back up and was heading into subways to get some food. It didn't even seem like he was going to leave a note or anything. and he even said that " well, you should be thankful that I didn't just leave when you called me". I felt like breaking his legs and toes when he said that. ne ways, I called the local PD right away and the officer got both of our information and I'm going to the PD to pick up the report next week. I already spoke to my lawyer about this and the video is already saved on DVR. Oh, and I got my bike under the policy again and just dropped it off at a local shop for estimates.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
see a blessing in disguise ;-)

·
Registered
525 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
and he even said that " well, you should be thankful that I didn't just leave when you called me". I felt like breaking his legs and toes when he said that.
i would've kicked him in the nuts right there. and when he curled up on the ground, i would've kicked his face in with my hardshelled boots. assholes like that piss me off. MAKE HIM PAY FOR EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
...Oh, and I got my bike under the policy again and just dropped it off at a local shop for estimates.
You may have a problem with your insurance if his doesnt pay since there was a gap in the coverage and the police report will show the damage to have happened within that gap.

hopefully the other guys insurance will cover everything. Amazes me how people will damage someone's property and just walk away. This world is full of people not willing to take responsibility for their actions.

·
Registered
92 Posts
if you insurance was paid up to the day of the accident or later and they canceled the policy without refunding your money (for the time they weren't going to honor) then technically you paid them for coverage they are trying to squirm out of.

did they tell you your policy was cancelled on teh 20th AFTER you called them on the 21st to report the bike getting busted? seems like a heck of a coincidence (in their favor) especially if you were told you'd get a letter stating the cancelation and then it would be cancled.

i totally agree though that you shouldn't even need coverage as the other guys totally at fault and his policy should cover EVERYTHING. if you got it on tape then theres no disputing any of it. i'd say you don't need insurance or even a lawyer. take him to court if need be, show the tape, BAM bike is fixed and you can give him a smile and the finger.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
All is well. I got my check in the mail last week and got every cent of the estimated amount!!
That's good news man, glad to hear everything ended up okey. I guess the good thing was that you had everything on tape. How much was the demage for$?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts