Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I sold my baby tonight. It was the most emotionally damaging event I have had to go through in my life.

It all started 5 years ago. I was 17. I liked bikes, and I wanted a crotch rocket really bad. So I told my dad. He said I was crazy. Which I thought was funny coming from someone who has had 27 motorcycles and had three at the time. Thats a different story. Somthing about safety.

Anyway so I save. And I save. And I save. And a few student loans here then a few more student loans there, and what do you know I have a bike..... Not really I actually saved for 5 years to get this thing. So I got it. I loved it. I spend so much money on it. I spent some of my student loan money on mods. But thats it I swear. And I almost lost my girlfriend to this site and my modding addiction like 4 times. Then I just broke down and got her an engagement ring. That kept her off my back about the site for a while. Then came the time when some of my peers started graduating..... Ok so what I am on the 5.5 year plan. Leave me alone. Im not Doogie Houser! So then my fiance starts talking about saving for a house and actually finishing school. At that point in time I actually contimplated killing her. But then I remembered it didnt work so well for OJ. If OJ Simpson didnt do a very good job at hiding it then I couldnt.

On a more serious note we are saving for a house and I am going to graduate in a year. Maybe year and a half if I slack. But I just wanted to vent. I hate this day. It sucks. Good news is that she said the day I graduate if we already have a house then she will let me get another one. But we all know the reality is that I will have to start paying back those wonderfull things called student loans.

Unless Wait a minute I have an Idea. I can go get my Masters degree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEs I can get a bike again. Ya aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for student loans.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well good news is that now I can focus for real on finishing my degree. I am majoring in Accounting and Finnance. So hopefully there will be a job out there for me when I am done that will allow me to buy another one really soon. Anyone please can you give me a real job so I can buy another bike.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Boxer said:
Good news is that she said the day I graduate if we already have a house then she will let me get another one.
Wait..what? She will LET you? Hmmmmmmmm......

*sound of whip cracking in distance*

·
Registered
199 Posts
you're getting married too young, and you'll kick yourself in 5 years at all the practise time you've lost - you're a baby - go and enjoy your bike - learn how to highchair, not sit in one

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
the common factor here is that your letting some chick control your life and keeping you from getting a bike which is what you really want. Your to young to let some girl tell you what you can and cannot do. Want to live the rest of your life letting someone else pull the strings for you?

You need to listen to Tom Leykis.

http://www.blowmeuptom.com/

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
there there now, you can cry on my shoulder if you want. :icon_pai:

i tell you this, women are EVIL now go dump her & look for a hotty like Schwing & she has a 600RR too. :love3:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
meddling kid said:
you're getting married too young, and you'll kick yourself in 5 years at all the practise time you've lost - you're a baby - go and enjoy your bike - learn how to highchair, not sit in one
wow...that was deep. *clap* *clap* slow clap

C

·
0 Posts
Boxer said:
But then I remembered it didnt work so well for OJ. If OJ Simpson didnt do a very good job at hiding it then I couldnt.

Last time I heard OJ was still walking the streets. Heck, he even lost his civil suit and has yet to pay a dime. The guy has some great lawyers.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
screw the bike. Get yourself that education, use it to your
advantage...find a badass job and youll be able to buy 10 bikes!!

as for marriage...screw that too. itll get in the way of your education.
get married after you get your degree and that badass job.

C

·
0 Posts
SLAPS808 said:
screw the bike. Get yourself that education, use it to your
advantage...find a badass job and youll be able to buy 10 bikes!!

as for marriage...screw that too. itll get in the way of your education.
get married after you get your degree and that badass job.

Kinda agree with slaps. Im not saying you have to ditch the woman, but work on your education and build your foundation in life before marriage, family, etc.

Of course in the end this is the wrong place to ask such questions. Only you know the answer to your dilema.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys are letting me down. I was totally being sarcastic. I am not letting my fiance run my life. I actually did this on my own. I thought that having the extra money would be good when we find a house that we like. I figure we will have a lot of expenses that come with home ownership. I do have my priorities straight. I am finishing my degree and going to look for a job. I think thats pretty damn straight. I was kind of joking in my post. I thought you guys would read it and think it was funny. Considering it was the first post after I sold my bike. Guess I was wrong.

On a more happy note I will be back in the saddle as soon as my degree is done and we are settled in our new house.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh and yes I am happily engaged. I love her to death. There is no woman better than the one I have. I have been with her for 5 years and she has been my best friend through a lot of hard times.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
crotch_rocket_pilot said:
Kinda agree with slaps. Im not saying you have to ditch the woman, but work on your education and build your foundation in life before marriage, family, etc.

Of course in the end this is the wrong place to ask such questions. Only you know the answer to your dilema.
No, I have to agree with SLAPS........ Ditch the woman it will really interfere with your life and what you want.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Boxer said:
You guys are letting me down. I was totally being sarcastic. I am not letting my fiance run my life. I actually did this on my own. I thought that having the extra money would be good when we find a house that we like. I figure we will have a lot of expenses that come with home ownership. I do have my priorities straight. I am finishing my degree and going to look for a job. I think thats pretty damn straight. I was kind of joking in my post. I thought you guys would read it and think it was funny. Considering it was the first post after I sold my bike. Guess I was wrong.

On a more happy note I will be back in the saddle as soon as my degree is done and we are settled in our new house.
Humor is based on truth. It is really not funny unless it has some truth to it. Keep telling yourself that you are just joking hopefully it makes things right in your head for you. Sorry about the bike.

·
Registered
228 Posts
sorry to hear... that your GF won't let u have a bike. I hope that was YOUR decision. If it were me i'd tell her too bad. my $$$ and that's how I'm gonna spend it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts