Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, so last night I get the mail and see a letter from my insurance company. I think to myself... this payment isn't do till next month.. what the fak? I open it up and it reads "*** Notice of Cancellation - MVR Reasons ***". I'm like what the fuk? It says, "Your hearby notified that in accordance with the terms and conditions of the above mentioned policy, your insurance will cease at 12:01 A.M. Standard Time on : 06/20/2006. due to your Motor Vehicle Record." So I immediately get them on the phone and they tell me, "At this time, your driving record at this time does not meet the companys guidelines." So turns out Riders Insurance of New Jersey has some very strict insurance policies. You are only allowed two violations and one accident. two fricking tickets!!!A couple weeks ago I was driving my gf's car and got pulled over for a dumb no signal lane change. The cop doesn't give me a lane change ticket he gives me a unregistered vehicle ticket. The cars resgistration ended the day before. Your going to love this now... three days later Friday night.. coming home with her at 1:45AM I'm forced to go through a DWI check...the cop writes me a ticket for the same unregistered vehicle ... now Im fuming... Im just like fuk it.. I'll pay both of them instead of making this a huge deal... I didn't know it would skrew me on my insurance.. These two tickets put me over their guidelines..So basically I'm getting dropped on the 20th of this month... cause of two non moving violations... fricking ridiculous... So I decided to go insurance shopping... Rates in NEW JERSEY are ABSURD.. I got for 4,500$ here quotes and 5,000$ there quotes for full coverage.. right now I pay 1450 for full..Im 20 yrs old and Riders Insurance was my best bet.. now im fuked... I need some serious help... I dont feel like storing the damn bike for the whole summer... The bike is my only form of transportation as of the momment... I really dont want to end up selling it but I might have too. Any help or suggestions especially those from New Jersey is greatly appreciated...

-Ryde

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have rider insur also & can only afford the limited 180.00 per year, but I am 42 w/ no points. so basically if I wreck it they wont help out. Just get the basic coverage & dont crack it up. try gieco or progressive & keep it insured on the budget plan & welcome to the club. Wear your gear that's better then insurance.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
sorry to her that kyle. try calling foremost. they might be a little bit more expensive but you definitately need insurance. in nj, the penalty for not having insurance while operating a motor vehicle results in one year license revokation. definitely need insurance.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Call State Farm - check the other threads on insurance - they're *almost* always the best.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
charles... foremost quoted me at 5300$...!!!!!!! I'm going to deffinately give allstate and State farm a call on monday.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike Handler said:
I have rider insur also & can only afford the limited 180.00 per year, but I am 42 w/ no points. so basically if I wreck it they wont help out. Just get the basic coverage & dont crack it up. try gieco or progressive & keep it insured on the budget plan & welcome to the club. Wear your gear that's better then insurance.
I can't even get the basic coverage... Im outside their "guidelines"...this is killing me....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts