Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a bright idea a few days ago to email some exhaust companies that
don't have clear installation instruction and see if they would send me an exhaust to do the step by step pictures for them. So I sent.

Dear HotBodies,

While recently browsing your site I've discovered a bit of a problem. The KR Tuned exhaust installation instructions for the 05-06 CBR600RR are, at best, shallow.

I pride myself on being quite proficient with showing how things are done and breaking it down into a step by step process. Now my time could come to be an advantage for HotBodies products. I've spoken with several people who have been turned away from buying an aftermarket exhaust due to the installation hassle. Naturally, this is not good for a business selling an aftermarket exhaust.

I am willing to do a very picture intensive step by step install process for the 05-06 CBR600RR to boost sales of your KR tuned exhaust systems if sent a sample of the product to take the photographs with.

Please email me back at [email protected]

Sincerely,
Jamie Murray

And in response to that email I got.

Murray,
Thanks for the email. Unfortunately we cannot give you an exhaust to do an install write up on. If you would like to do a review and instructions pics, I can offer you a 25% discount off retail.

I know they seem vague, but they are pretty simple, its only a bolt on system, so you take off the stock and replace with our slip-on or full system.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Roger Davis
Hotbodies Racing, Inc.
www.hotbodiesracing.com
www.krtuned.com

So what I'm wanting to know is, should I take a KR-tuned exhaust for 25 percent off. Or should I go after something else. Just looking for opinions.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
lol, seriously?

nice attempt at getting a free exhaust. I'm surprised he was generous enough to offer you a discount before any submissions.

no one is going to give you a free exhaust in return of a simple write up.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
lol, seriously?

nice attempt at getting a free exhaust. I'm surprised he was generous enough to offer you a discount before any submissions.

no one is going to give you a free exhaust in return of a simple write up.
BS, Jardine gave lots of people free exhausts when the new RT-1 came out and they did not even make you do the write up. They put the exhaust on the bike and took the pictures and when they were done they gave back the bike. A guy on this site got one of the free pipes.

P.S. to the OP. Hotbodies is fugly anyways. Why would anybody want that even if it was free?

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
BS, Jardine gave lots of people free exhausts when the new RT-1 came out and they did not even make you do the write up. They put the exhaust on the bike and took the pictures and when they were done they gave back the bike. A guy on this site got one of the free pipes.

P.S. to the OP. Hotbodies is fugly anyways. Why would anybody want that even if it was free?
Those are totally different circumstances, smart guy.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm trying to get one like that lol.

K

·
0 Posts

Uh, Hotbodies sells the KR Tuned exhaust...

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm surprised they offered you the 25% off. I wouldn't go with the KR Tuned, but it is tempting when it is discounted..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts