Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, can anyone tell me where to get either the same or very similar indicator wire connectors, as honda dont seem to supply them and ones i have seen are like 4 times larger/chunky for just 2 wires.. as wanting to keep to minimalist type connectors and things looking better then the dodgy spade type connectors for each wire..

So i will need the connectors for both ends, sorry if this is not proper"terminology" for the part but its best i can think of being the backyard mechanic :)

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
you may have to buy the entire oem signal. most people when they go to flushmounts cut the wire off oem and use it on the new signals.

if you just want plugs you might come out cheaper to go to radio shack and get univeral 2 wire plugs for the rear and 3 wire plugs for the front and then just wire those into the harness and signals

·
Registered
132 Posts
im 90% sure i can get them for you.

im a telecommunications engineer apprentice (mouthful i know) but i have a whole tool box full of every size and type of wire connector for vehicle installs and if you can find out the gauge of the wire and the color of the connector i dont see why i couldnt mail you a bag of them...

G

·
So far, the only person who has found where to get those is Jamison from iFail. I've been searching for months and I can't find them. Not even on Mouser or digi-key.

·
Registered
294 Posts
is this what you are talking about? i'm also looking for a connector that's similar to the oem to wire my led's, and want to keep the wiring neat, like oem.
these come in two or three prongs and comes model specific to fit the oem connector...
oops..tried linking page but having probs.. anyhow, look up motrax indyleads signal connectors...cyclegear has 'em too...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Link for motrak, they are kinda whats needed but why do they add the other connector to it, why not just have it as the connectors for us to add to the wire, as its still adding extra "stuff" that we dont need.

And given the "china syndrome" of copying anything and everything why havent they done so..

well the hunt continues...

MOTRAX IndyLeads Turn Signal Connectors (#15649)
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?item=MRX_ILH1-2PK_G

·
Registered
294 Posts
Link for motrak, they are kinda whats needed but why do they add the other connector to it, why not just have it as the connectors for us to add to the wire, as its still adding extra "stuff" that we dont need.

And given the "china syndrome" of copying anything and everything why havent they done so..

well the hunt continues...

MOTRAX IndyLeads Turn Signal Connectors (#15649)
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?item=MRX_ILH1-2PK_G
well, alot of aftermarket signals only come with bare wires on the ends...and i assume they added bullet connectors on the ends of their connectors to be a convenience factor or make a clean removable install. if you hate the bullet connectors so much, just cut it off and solder the signal wire straight onto this connetor and heat shrink connection and call it a day. otherwise, you will be searching until your hair is gray for just the connector itself and the metal pin inside the connector that clamps to the wire...good luck trying to find it bro, and if you do..let us all know!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks to be like a lot of ppl have searched for them..you see i like some others out there dont like having to cutt off connectors to add to the because to me its a bit like throwing away money, the original indicator becomes worthless and if you ever change your bike back to stock the its like a PIA of cutting, resolder etc, where having the connectors its neat and quick..
i am a fan of neat and quick....lol

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
the original indicator becomes worthless and if you ever change your bike back to stock the its like a PIA of cutting, resolder etc, where having the connectors its neat and quick..
i am a fan of neat and quick....lol
The stock sh!ts worthless anyway.

If you take the time to solder and terminate flushmounts the white.., er... I mean right way, and your going to invest the time to make the bike "stock" again, you might as well re-do it the whi...er....right way

That or just be truthful to new owner.

I saved all my stock crap; signals, fender, even the pieces of lever ends I cut as proof of its unmolested state and to show that the mods are not from crash replacement

·
Registered
35 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.