Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys/gals. so the story goes as follows. Back in September I started to make payments on an 03 cbr 600 rr through a dealership payment program which allowed me to take the bike home only when i have it paid off. Well I paid the bike off last Thursday and received my bill of sale and everything looked fine. On the same day I realized that the upper front panel was broken where the right signal meets the body due to some idiot probably walking between the bikes and hitting it causing it to break. either way this was a disappointment but the dealership was quick to agree that it was their fault and they were going to fix it.
next day I called up my insurance company and got the bike insured so that i could get it registered. I head over to the registry and the person behind the counter could not find the VIN number in the system. So i called up the dealership and asked them to repeat the VIN number and sure enough they had miss spelled an m for a w. SO the registry person tries the M and still no luck. as if this bike never existed.
At this point i'm very angry and frustrated and head over to the dealership. Now the problem is they have ran a lean search on the bike with the wrong VIN number so there is a possibility of the bike having a lean on it. I made it clear at the dealership that their bill of sale is worthless because it has the wrong VIN # on it and furthermore i would not sign any more papers to say the bike is mine unless they provide me with 1- proof that the bike has no lean on it 2- a whole report on the bike so that I can find out if the bike is a rebuilt title or not and 3-my money back in case any of these happen to be found on the bike
They were again very understanding and quick to offer me my money back in case there is something wrong with the bike. As of today after 2 days they have not been able to find any traces of the bike on any system (Canadian provinces) and he has told me that I can get the bike registered mid week next week as they will do an out of province inspection and get it registered in the province. However, he still has not been able to find any records on the bike. Now my concern is what if the bike was stolen or refurbished???? I have paid $6500 for the bike and with that money at the moment I can probably get a bike a few years newer with about the same KMs since the market values have come down since last September. However I like the bike and am not sure what to do.

My question to you guys is would it make sense to get the bike off of them and get it registered and call it that? or should i just get my money back and start hunting for another bike?
I appreciate your inputs

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
im not sure what to tell you,

but good luck. and make damn sure the paper work gets done.

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
Get your money back and look elsewhere. They have already proved to you how incompetent they are.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Get your money back. You've already run into enough problems thus far. Who knows what else may arise with this bike. It all sounds too shady.
There are plenty of other bikes out there.
You can't like the bike that much - not worth the headache!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
For 6500 you can get an 07 RR easy there is a member here selling an 08 1KRR
for 6500.00

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Prices in Canada are 1.5 - 3K higher than they are in the states. 2007's are going for nearly $8000ish in Canada. Brand new, they are somewhere close to 13K OTD. 2 years ago I picked up an 07 for $7000 USD, sold it a year later for nearly $9000 CAD

Do you have a truck or something to pick up a bike? Look into picking up an American bike and import it (dead simple for hondas, takes 7 - 10 days total). You can find 2007 bike for roughly that price now.

Otherwise I'd take my money back and come back in a few weeks and offer them $6000. $6500 seems a little high.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well everyone i've talked to thus far including all of you guys here have suggested i get my money back. I think I will do this on Tuesday as they are closed till then due to a long weekend. I've been looking online and have already found an 05 red/black cbr600rr for $1200 cheaper than mine but with an extra 4000 km on it for a total of 14000 kms. i'm going to go and check it out tomorrow and see what condition its in.
The guys at the dealership are actually very understanding and professional but thats not going to stop me from covering my own ***. whats fudged up is that ive got black and yellow gear already that are probably not gonna match my next bike. lol. ooh well
Thanks for the input guys. it just made my decision that much easier.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yeah defi get ur money back and spend it on a newer ride.imo id hav been outta there the moment they messed up the vin.gluck with the purchase.

·
Registered
785 Posts
with 6500 you could EASILY get a nice 07+. (for instance i got an 07 last year with like 3000 miles with nice mods for 6500).

why get an 03? get your money back man.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
YOU PAID 6500!!!! i payed 2000 for my 03 last year in a private sale, the guy i bought it from works at the honda shop here in town!

6500!!!!!!!!!???/

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
$6500 for 03 is a little high....
I got an 09 for $7300+tax just last month. get ur money back and get yourself a new bike... i am sure you can still catch some last year models at some good prices...
Don't forget, he is talking CANADIAN prices.......

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
YOU PAID 6500!!!! i payed 2000 for my 03 last year in a private sale, the guy i bought it from works at the honda shop here in town!

6500!!!!!!!!!???/
Daaaamn thats a very good deal you got. whats the dealerships name? I wouldnt mind picking one up from them if they have anything decent.
Also most guys here are from the states. Prices here in Canada are 2 to 3 times higher than those in the states. 6500$ last year was considered to be about $500 over prices but now this year its about $1500 over prices. Either way i'm checking out 2 other bikes tomorrow and will go to the dealership to get my money back on Tuesday. Thanks for the input guys. i actually spend $6700 including tax and delivery fees

1 - 20 of 30 Posts