1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
haha.... congratz on the new bike!

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
My favorite colorway of the S1000RR, maybe second after the M Power scheme. Only ever hear positive things about this bike, I'm pretty amazed BMW made something so solid in one go.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My favorite colorway of the S1000RR, maybe second after the M Power scheme. Only ever hear positive things about this bike, I'm pretty amazed BMW made something so solid in one go.
That is the colour scheme I was after (motorsports edition) but I really liked this one too and in person, it's pretty freaking awesome.

I was leery about all the electronics but after doing enough homework, I took a chance.. Hope I don't regret it. lol

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
CAN-BUS seems exciting and scary as hell. I would be very happy if the previous owner was the one that got to deal with/fix all the gremlins.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 2012+ models were revamped and the electronics are well sorted out. Not much to worry about, really.

Two outstanding recalls right now. One is for both the multi-switches and the other is for the kickstand. 2010/11 and early 2012's had a recall on the motor but mine does not fall in that category so thank God for that.

I have Motorrad dealer about 5 KM's from my place so I'll drop it off when the weather gets nicer to have the recalls done. As of right now, I'm pretty excited to start riding it. On a side note, it's retarded how comfortable this bike is. Feels very similar to my GSX-R 750. A bit on the heavy side though, you can definitely feel the difference pushing it around.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Holy hell! Congrats Mina, that's an awesome machine

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Congrats bud, great bike, I'm sure you will enjoy it a lot.

I prefer this design to the new 2015 design, by a huge margin. The HP4 is my favorite livery, but this is a close second.

Looking forward to track pics.

·
BOTM Winner 02/15
237 Posts
Congrats Mina! Awesome bike, its exactly what I am looking for to replace my 600RR. I really like the red/white color scheme too, its my favorite.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Mabrouk ya Basha Eah El Halawa Dee :love3:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, yes, it was really needed.

Saw one of these at our local bike night in the fall, I fell in love.
Lol.. I'm not going to argue with you. It looks much better in person, no amount of pictures can ever do it justice.

That's my favorite scheme...and someone should maybe write 4ss after uhaul
hahaha... thanks my man, really appreciate it!

Congrats bud, great bike, I'm sure you will enjoy it a lot.

I prefer this design to the new 2015 design, by a huge margin. The HP4 is my favorite livery, but this is a close second.

Looking forward to track pics.
Thanks a lot, Rad. You know, it's easy for me to say the same in re to the design now that I own one, but I was at my local Motorrad dealer the other day checking out a 2013 they had and looking at the 2015, I much rather the older shape.

I really hated the bike when they first came out but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. Maybe I'll say the same about the 2015 in due time.

Agreed about the HP4, it's as close to perfection as you're going to get straight from any manufacturer. Sweet, sweet bikes. Not planning on tracking it until later on in the year when I feel more comfortable on a 1000. Really have to get intimate with the bike and know it well before I do that.

Congrats Mina! Awesome bike, its exactly what I am looking for to replace my 600RR. I really like the red/white color scheme too, its my favorite.
Thanks man! What are you waiting for????

Mabrouk ya Basha Eah El Halawa Dee :love3:
Allah yekhaleek ya basha.

Congrats Mina! Great looking whip!
Thanks man! Hopefully I get out more this season. I only put 4500 KM's on the road last year and about the same the year before... Can't wait!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.