Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to let everyone know that i passed my MSF course!! i had never rode a bike before so i was worried. however i was told that i did such a good job that they started to wonder if i really had previous experience. lol i am suppose to get my bike mid july and will be practicing in the high school parking lot for the first few days. im so excited that i want to buy my bike NOW. however, my fiance says i have to wait due to funds. :sad3: hes soooo mean. lol j/k anyways thought i would share my news.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
^5 TO you man you are taking the right steps that is for sure
congratulations

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Congrats on passing, like everyone has said it sounds like you are taking the right steps to becoming a better rider. +1 on the parking lot practice, I did that for a while myself. It really helps to become farmiliarized (sp?) with YOUR bike, not the beaters they give you to test on. Practice what you've been taught, take it easy for a long while, and always be one step ahead of the idiots on the road and you should do fine. Make sure you've got some decent gear in order, that's nothing to skimp on! Good luck and ride safe!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you to everyone. i have everything i need with the exception of the one key element. the bike. lol i have my boots, gloves, lid and jacket. i like my skin right were it is at and i dont plan on making a donation of it to the asphalt. i also have told my fiance that it will be next season before i make an attempt to ride in a city like wichita (closest big city). im just going to start small and work my way up.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Great job that was fun when I took mine... Saves a test at the DMV.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Don't forget about pants ! ! ! . . . jeans are as strong as a t-shirt and gets into your skin if your unfortunate enough to need a rash cleaning scrub in the emergency room . . .. .

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Congrats...

That was the hard part, now comes the easy part. Now go get a Silver/Black RR now. I heard the silver/black one is the fastest..

:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
congrats. i just completed my class about three weeks ago. i had a lot of fun and had never ridden on a bike either... you'll get a hang of your bike quick.

·
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!
811 Posts
Mig said:
Congrats man...
I think it's a SHE, considering that the fiance is a HE (so mean).

·
Registered
972 Posts
congrats

but one of the things they dont teach you in MSF is respect. so once u get on a bike treat it as if it were a loaded gun because once u get careless bad things could happen.

the 125/250 honda rebels, kawasaki eliminators, and suzuki ( something) ect bikes they let u ride has nowhere near the same egros and performance as a sportbike.

so slow and steady is the best way to go

goodluck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts