Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a black and silver 2007 honda cbr600rr with a rs-5 yoshimura pipe in excellent condition and love it....i have been reading up on the 07 cbr and it sounds like it was the best to come out from honda even to date...any truth to this? also wanted to no if anyone had any articles on the honda cbr600rr 2007 that are a good read...i wanna learn some more about it..i am new into the bike world well sport bike been in motocross and was wondering if its possible for the 2007 cbr to beat a 1000cc bike on a straight run...ya i know newbie question thanks everyone i hope to learn alot here

·
Registered
2,147 Posts

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
There is no replacement for displacement. IMO as a newbie you should spend more time learning how to ride your bike first before learning about your bike. Dirt and street are two different styles. Twist of the wrist is an excellent book to get you learning on riding.

A

·
0 Posts
nope the 09 is the best.. esp the phoenix version.. all those stickers add to the overall hp increase!

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is no replacement for displacement. IMO as a newbie you should spend more time learning how to ride your bike first before learning about your bike. Dirt and street are two different styles. Twist of the wrist is an excellent book to get you learning on riding.
thanks i am going to check that out today

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
thanks for the sites! i got alot of reading to do haha
:)
dont want to forget the awards ;)
• 2007 Sport Bike of the Year, Motorcyclist
• Machine of The Year 2007, Bike Magazine
• 2007 Supersport Shootout Winner, MotorcycleUSA.com
• 2007 Best Middleweight Sportbike, MotorcycleUSA.com
• 2008 Middleweight Smackdown Winner, Sport Rider Magazine
• 2008 Supersport Shootout Winner, MotorcycleUSA.com
• 2008 Supersport Shootout Winner, Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:)
dont want to forget the awards ;)
• 2007 Sport Bike of the Year, Motorcyclist
• Machine of The Year 2007, Bike Magazine
• 2007 Supersport Shootout Winner, MotorcycleUSA.com
• 2007 Best Middleweight Sportbike, MotorcycleUSA.com
• 2008 Middleweight Smackdown Winner, Sport Rider Magazine
• 2008 Supersport Shootout Winner, MotorcycleUSA.com
• 2008 Supersport Shootout Winner, Motorcycle.com
wow...deffintly happy with my decision on this bike lol...i just watched that twist of the wrist dvd...the explained everything perfectly...i think i am going to have to get the book tho, i think its easier to understand when u can watch how the cornering is done as well as read it...i cudnt find the part 1 dvd tho just the second one....i went out riding today about 100 miles, i have that sr problem they talk about in the dvd with holding on to tight have to work on that

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you haven't taken the MSF I'd HIGHLY recommend it. I was amazed to learn how much I didn't know about riding. Great starting point when you get a new bike. Also a good refresher even if you've been riding for a while.

I have the same bike as you, it's a great bike. The 07-08 bikes were the same and the 09-10 weren't much different. It'll run neck and neck with about any other 600 out there. On the flip side any 1000 will plow it.

Enjoy it, I bought mine new and it still puts a smile that can't be jackhammered off my face each and every time I ride it and turns 40+mpg in the process. I've had absolutely no mechanical issues with the bike. It just goes, and goes, and goes, and goes, and goes......

·
Registered
903 Posts
zza mud wrote:
and the 08 had 8 more hp then the 07
Care to share where you got that bit of totally wrong information?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts