Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
i said the same thing last year, and not only did people start callin me a helmet nazi, but they didnt wanna ride with me anymore because of my preaching. To each his own I say now, but I still have a hard time thinking about people goin down with no gear, and if i would have a hard time dealing with the accident scene.

·
Registered
74 Posts
jasonc said:
ride with people that dont wear gear.

I mean, wtf is wrong with these people, do they not like having skin?
I agree! While it is their choice not to wear gear it is mine not to ride with them. I really don't want to be witness to what could happen from just a simple get off. I have seen people go down hard and get up and walk it off all because they had on gear. And I have seen people be sent to the ER with bones showing for laying the bike down when it could easily been avoided for wearing some gear. I refuse to ride with anyone who will not wear gear!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
There's no sense in looking down at someone else because they don't have the same beliefs as you. You're certianly not going to convince them to change by NOT riding with them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
919 said:
Yes I do not like have my skin. I itches too much.

Are you your brothers keeper?

the people I see riding without gear are usually the ones that are young and dumb enough to think they are invincible and will try and do stupid things. Therefore, I dont want to be around them when they lay it down and burn their skin off.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I say to each his/her own. i wear full leathers always now. i guess i'ld just rather sweat than bleed. but i don't refuse to ride with others just cause they don't wear certain gear. but the people i do ride with tend to be like me and wear full gear.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Is everyone serious? If someone is impropperly dressed I still ride with them, then when they eat it I use it as a teaching session. Your not going to change thier mind by not riding with them, they really dont care if you ride with them or not, if anything they will look down upon you for being a little wuss who doesnt want to face the reality that motorcycling is a dangerous sport

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gonzo RR said:
I say to each his/her own. i wear full leathers always now. i guess i'ld just rather sweat than bleed. but i don't refuse to ride with others just cause they don't wear certain gear. but the people i do ride with tend to be like me and wear full gear.

You dont need to weart full leathers, but even riding jeans, a jacket, helmet and gloves is not too much to ask.

A wifebeater, shorts, and flip flops are not riding gear.

·
Registered
604 Posts
jasonc said:
You dont need to weart full leathers, but even riding jeans, a jacket, helmet and gloves is not too much to ask.

A wifebeater, shorts, and flip flops are not riding gear.
i agree 100% wear whatever gear u got. but like caboarder said i'm not going to stay away from riding with people in t-shirts and sneakers. i'll explain why i wear the gear i do. and if they listen, fine. if not that's fine too. when they lay it down it's a learning experience.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Gonzo RR said:

That's the way I see it too. The people I prefer to ride with share my views on riding and gear.

·
Registered
109 Posts
well too all oue there!! its personal choice. some people just dont wear much gear when they're goin down the street or just around town. seems to them that its just a couple mile drive. it can be a hassle to gear up sometimes. but then again. givin the experience of an accident "with-out gear" i would say it would be best to wear as much as you can sometimes. you never know what will creep just around the corner. lil time and energy to suit up or even just gear up can be the deciding factor of what we love to do.. that is ride.

but good said, dont deny fellow riders the joy of riding with you. id rather have more riders on my side than all the crazy cagers out there..

and keep in mind also that not everyone could afford the gear. bikes are cheap but gear burns a hole in your wallet.

with that said... and with peace of mind.. try to gear up... save your skin..but dont hate on fellow riders!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nobody said that you have to look down on someone because of thier choices. But, I do have a choice not to put myself in a situation to have to deal with someone elses bad decisions. I have told several people why I chose not to ride with them and I have never had someone get ugly about it. I have actually had guys not want to ride with me cause I am a chic and they didn't think I could ride. It didn't hurt my feelings, I just found someone else to ride with!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
04RRChic, I will ride with you...and you can ride naked for all I care :love10:
Just don't go down. j/k!

I just came back from a quick spin and saw a guy riding on his tank with legs spread, but didn't wheelie it.
All he had on was his helmet, T-shirt and shorts.:dontknow: I ride about 90% of the time fully geared,
the other 10% I'm still well protected with Leather Jacket or Bionic Protector Jacket, Gloves,
Bionic Kneeguards under jeans and racing boots.
I don't really have a choice on who is wearing protection when we ride, I only tell them why I always wear it.
Let them learn the hard way. If they still don't believe in wearing gear...then their days are already numbered anyway.

·
Registered
109 Posts
no helmet?? and the shorts.. hmm... cant imagine myself doin that. and i sometimes wonder if some people actually saw the CRADH BOOM BANG section yet...

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I wont ride w/someone who is not wearing gear as I don't want to feel responsible for them if they go down.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
natas said:
I wont ride w/someone who is not wearing gear as I don't want to feel responsible for them if they go down.
Exactly, its simple as that. The result of going down without proper gear is very likely to be grousome, even deadly. I dont want to be put in that situation because some squid decided he was too cool to wear his gear.

Its shouldnt come down to that to teach someone a lesson. IMO, being a good friend is convincing your buddies to wear their gear; even if it comes down to not riding with them if they dont.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Disco said:
Its shouldnt come down to that to teach someone a lesson. IMO, being a good friend is convincing your buddies to wear their gear; even if it comes down to not riding with them if they dont.
Talking about being a good friend. Lets take a little scenario.

You have a friend named joe. Now joe just got his bike and he didnt get the proper gear. He invites you to his house to ride and when you get there you notice that he isnt properly geared. You tell him no way man I DO NOT ride with people who have improper gear because I dont want to be there when they crash. So you leave. Then joe finds some other riders that are move accepting of him. The squidly type. Joe starts hanging out with them and weeks down the road he is still wearing improper gear and he crashes and gets contact burns and rash over his whole body, not to mention the two broken ankles from not wearing boots. You now realize that because you told him that you would not ride with him, that he found friends who would ride with him, and were accepting, but didnt teach him anything. Wouldnt it have been a better decision on your part to ride with him, and let him ride with your friends who are properly geared up, so that he could realize what the proper gear is for motorcycling, and hear all your war stories. And while he was riding with you, you and your friends could have educated him and mentored(sp?) him and made him feel accepted as a biker, and hope that he makes the right decision as a new motorcyclist. But no Disco, you refused to ride with him and he got into the wrong crowd, who didnt care about his safety, and look how he turned out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts