Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this summer someone stole my 08 600rr. I loved that bike, I put 8500 miles on it in a year. I think it had the perfect amount of power and it was so usable, in the way it handled. So when my insurance paid out I decided to get one of the leftover 08 1000rr's for $2000 less than a 600rr would cost. I figured it would be like a 600 with more power, but the extra power ruined the experience. Ill tell you what, I cant wait to get back on a 600rr.
\

·
Registered
155 Posts
That's a bummer. I've always wondered if I would like a 1000 more, since I sometimes feel like the 600 isn't fast enough. I will keep your thoughts in mind before jumping into a 1000 now.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
That's a bummer. I've always wondered if I would like a 1000 more, since I sometimes feel like the 600 isn't fast enough. I will keep your thoughts in mind before jumping into a 1000 now.
I wonder the same thing. Right now I love my 600 so much I don't even have a desire to get on a 1000. The RSV4 has me very intrigued, however, since they say it has the handling of a 250. But I don't have the money so that's not really in the equation.

·
Registered
475 Posts
have an 08, trade ya haha

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's what a lot of people say so I'm starting to think it's the truth. They say litre bikes tend to be a bit too responsive and almost unpredictable on turns and sometimes even on straightaways..

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
How many Miles have u put on the 1000RR to give it a better judgement? Please tell me more of Why you didn't like it and the Positives of it,if there are any cause you bought it. If it's not because of the price.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
That's what a lot of people say so I'm starting to think it's the truth. They say litre bikes tend to be a bit too responsive and almost unpredictable on turns and sometimes even on straightaways..
how is it unpredictable? if u control the bike that shouldnt happen.

and sf600rr is right, how many miles do you have??

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
How many Miles have u put on the 1000RR to give it a better judgement? Please tell me more of Why you didn't like it and the Positives of it,if there are any cause you bought it. If it's not because of the price.
what he said.

the 08-and up 1kRR's are much lighter than the previous gen 1kRR's, almost comparable in weight to the 06 and older 600's. Altho it does feel a bit front-heavy when I rode one. give it some time, you'll get used to it. maybe you just have to adjust the suspension to your weight and type of riding.

·
1,838 Posts
I've ridden a few bikes and never feel comfy on any of them but mine(07-600RR) even though it's the same bike. I'm use to my rearsets and grips etc etc. If you haven't given it many miles, take your time cause you'll never really know. I wouldn't mine having your bike. Give it to me, I'll pay for shipping.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Sorry to hear man, I love my 08 1kRR, simply an awesome machine!

What is it you don't like? You might want to consider doing a trackday, it might save you some $$$ if you plan to get rid of it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This seems to be the case with a lot of people who go from 600cc to liter.

I could have gone for a zx10r for about $600 less than what I paid for my cbr, but I didn't see the point.

Plus I was coming from a ninja 650R. I don't need a liter bike just yet..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have almost 3000 miles on it. Dont get me wrong its a fantastice bike and the acceleration is stunning, but when you ride it realy hard especially on corner exit leaned over you have to be very carfull on the throttle. With that much tourqe, Its almost like the bike wants to kill you. where as the 600 is a little more forgiving. Going riding on the 600 was like riding with an old freind, and it is still ecxiting as hell.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have almost 3000 miles on it. Dont get me wrong its a fantastice bike and the acceleration is stunning, but when you ride it realy hard especially on corner exit leaned over you have to be very carfull on the throttle. With that much tourqe, Its almost like the bike wants to kill you. where as the 600 is a little more forgiving. Going riding on the 600 was like riding with an old freind, and it is still ecxiting as hell.
throw up a listing on craigslist for a trade for 600rr, theres probally someone out there thats want to move up to a 1krr.

·
1,838 Posts
I think 3k is pretty decent miles but IMO you got to Treat her differently. Bikes are like Woman some like it gentle some like it when you ring there neck. I think you got to get that it's not the same as my 600RR out of your head and look at it from a different perspective that everything is different it has it's positives and negatives. You already know why you don't like so I say when you come out of the corners be Gentle on the gas cause it is a more powerful bike and not the 600. I think you'll learn to like it with time. Just Enjoy what u Got.

·
Registered
697 Posts
This seems to be the case with a lot of people who go from 600cc to liter.

I could have gone for a zx10r for about $600 less than what I paid for my cbr, but I didn't see the point.

Plus I was coming from a ninja 650R. I don't need a liter bike just yet..
HA NICE I went from a 650R to a 600RR also. I've ridden the ZX10R, the ONLY literbike I'd buy is a 1000RR!! I like the IDEA of a literbike, and the extra top speed, but I don't need the power and I can still destroy 1000s on my 600RR unless they really know how handle their bike. A lot of them come up in 2nd gear like NOOBs lol and have to back off it and I pass them. That's exactly what my buddy with a ZX10R does all the time. Plus that stupid ZX10 is awkward turning at low speeds bc your wrists press against the tank

And about this 1000RR hating, IDK man, I would have bought a 1000RR if it was cheaper than a 600, I agree that you just have to get used to the bike. If you still don't like it after 5k miles I think it's safe to say the 600RR is the way to go for you. I bet you're just so used to opening the throttle on the 600 that the idea of having unused power is foreign lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Very suprised to read this...

My friend has an '08 1krr and I have an '08 600rr. While I appreciate how nimble the 600 is the 1krr is not far from it. On all other fronts, I give it to the 1krr. Definitley the best 1000 on the market.

·
1,838 Posts
I wouldn't say I'm surprised, to each there own. Maybe I wouldn't like it as much either but I never ridden an 08 1000RR. I'm just trying to tell him to give it some time and make some adjustments in the way it needs to to ridden. When I rode my friends Yami R1 for like 10mins I pulled aside and got off and sayed I don't like it at all but I know I didn't give it enough seat time at all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A friend of mine had a 1000rr once and said he hated it because it's basically pointless to have, you never get to use it anywhere to its fullest, on public roads and stuff anyways

·
Banned
718 Posts
IMO:
the 1000rr is a great bike, the new ones cut a slightly wider line than a 600rr. The old ones are kindof boats and need a lot of work to make right for any rider, the new ones though are amazing.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts