Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I can't tell you how glad I am that I have a CBR600RR!!! Just got back from Hawaii and all they had was an R6, (sport bike wise) and so I rented it. It felt really clumbsy to me, where my '04 RR feels so tight! Almost a night and day difference. Pic to come.

·
Registered
16 Posts
interesting...the r6 is supposed to be a super flickable bike with razor-sharp handling. obviously, people on this forum prefer the 600rr to the r6, but i can't believe the yamaha is a complete slouch. different strokes for different folks i guess.

·
Registered
725 Posts
i just rode my buddies '03 R6 the other day .... no freakin' thank you!! Yes it's very flickable, but it also makes it very uneasy! I did not feel confidence coming out of that bike like the 600RR has. I felt that once I was in my line I have to stay there because any slight move really was a drastic shift with the bike and made it very unsetteled. It was not fun at all...

I would not give up my 600RR for anything .... it's the best all round bike on the street today!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I made the move from a 2000 R6 to the 600RR and the stability of the RR was what sold me on getting this bike...I had good times on my R6 but I found much more in the RR for my type of riding....

·
Registered
230 Posts
I agree... I sold my 02 R6 to my friend for the RR, and I got to ride it the other day. What a difference especially the handeling. The R6 felt very twitchy. Power wise the R6 still felt good, just not as smooth. I also had a 15 tooth front sprocket, and an Ivans jet kit in it. My RR is all stock and still felt a little faster. I loved the R6 when I had it, but I seen the light when I bought the Honda.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the R6 also felt so comfortable compared to my RR, almost like a sprt touring bike! The clutch made things shake a little when releasing in first from 0 MPH (may have been that bike in particular) the seat was padded and the handle bars were closer... All and all, Honda said they were coming out with a RACE bike and that's what they did with the CBR600RR, and the stability is a night and day comparison. Just my 2c guys.

PS they also had an '03 RR there (yellow) but it was out already... Hmmm....

PICS:

·
Registered
289 Posts
The 04 R6's handle bars are higher up, the seat is a lot softer and you sit upright more. After riding the R6 I was SO freakin happy I got the 600RR :D

·
Registered
618 Posts
CorleoneRR said:
What the F am I doing in NJ?!?!?! :very_mad: :cursin: :banghead:

Good question! Come out to Cali and ride year round with us. About the R6... I like that bike a lot, but I love the RR.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rental rate was $149 from 8-5PM and $179 for a full 24 hours.
$2500 deductable- Don't tip it!

$67 / night in Waikiki hotel, spent 3 days, split with 2 other people.

Girls everywhere, unbelievable time riding and pulling up to beaches like the one in the pic only to see beautiful scantly clad females in bikinis ~ ! :bounce:

Oh yea, and did I mention, NO HELMET [email protected]?!???? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

To the dude in New Jersey, I've got relatives in Forked River, Bayonne, and Newark. I feel your pain.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I am in the Marines and I am going to re-enlist to get stationed in hawaii. In So Cal right now. Been by the beach so long I dont think I will be happy if I move away from it. Hawaii is so awesome though. The atmosphere is so laid back. Gotta Love It!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here's an opinion from a "guy" who's heavily Honduh biased (owned/owns f4i's, 954's, RC51's, and 600RR's). This "guy" used to own a pretty modified 600RR intent on blazing it up at the track, and eventually racing. This "guy" had a chance to ride a bone stock R6 and another heavily modified 600RR while he was messing around with his own RC51, back to back in some twisties. His impressions of the R6 was: absolutely fabulous neutral handling that makes it very flickable, yet stable (unlike past generations of R6). It was really, really easy to ride fast and to get back on the gas fast! There's also so much more power and torque down low compared to the 600RR, with no twichiness in the throttle whatsoever! Comparitively, the modified 600RR he rode afterwards was 1) peaky in power (even if it had a full Arata system) 2) didn't turn as readily (even with revised and redone front froks, raised rear ohlins shock). Compared to the guy's past modified 600RR, the flickability of the stock R6, combined with it's neutral handling, and nice linear, controlled power output inspires more confidence and was easier (mentally) to ride. That "guy" will not say it publicly though....:run

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Clevis, thanks for asking- yeah sure. I can resize it for you to your screen resolution if you want me to, that way there won't be any graininess... let me know. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts