Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yup, went for a ride last night, saw this rider riding himself, so i wave at him tpo follow me and another few bikers. later stop, and we all chit chated , and his 1199 had only llike 30 miles, brand spanky new....guess he look at my bike and knew been riding much much longer, so we chat and i told him i sat one one of my home girl who rode a 848evo, and told him how hard their seat was so hard, he then said, here take it for a spin.. first i thought he meant; take a seat on my 1199. but then he started and told me to take it for a spin..

HOLY COW MOO.. the rest is history.

fine line between jap and Italians bike..fo sho

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah , i mean this is alskaa. riders are pretty cool , this is guy was like yeah let me get your feedback.

the bikes deff flickers just like a 600. feather weight and man that clutch is catchy. very strange engine tho.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Haha...that is crazy.

I rode the 848 home for a friend and I was scare sh!tless to shift gear. It sounds like the engine was going to explode if I'd gone any faster than 25mph. Stalled a few times due to the catchy clutch.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Major trust or complete insanity... Maybe he just figured you could afford to replace it when you laid it down lol

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
Haha...that is crazy.

I rode the 848 home for a friend and I was scare sh!tless to shift gear. It sounds like the engine was going to explode if I'd gone any faster than 25mph. Stalled a few times due to the catchy clutch.
That's too bad, you missed an opportunity to experience a MUCH better bike. Oh well.

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
only 30 miles? I would have put that on it in the first 5 min of owning it lol.
Yeah. Fresh spanky baby. Guess he bought it the previous day.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
i was lucky to have tested the 1199 Panigale during the Ducati Weekend here, this bike changed my opinion of Ducati, this is the best place to really test it out, on the street it doesn't give justice as to what the 1199 is capable of.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
wow lucky you :p Buddy of mine is seriously thinking of getting one, he has 3 now lol, 999, 998 and a new Monster. He would trade in his 999 and 8 for the 1199. We were actually just looking at one yesterday. Base price is 19K or something. 6 recals on this bike, seems to be a lot?? There was an S someone had bought as well, they put it behind some wall partitions lol.

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Up here you'll be looking around $23k to get one. And yeah lots recalls . Let them fix the bugs for a few years

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Still one of the best bikes to ride. It was def a treat to ride up in Seattle.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 33 Posts