Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently installed the PCV. i put the right map tune on it before i installed it. i have the jardine rt1 exhuast and bmc filter. and in all honesty my bike feels slower since i've installed this... my bike has 16k now i just did the 16k check up. and at the same time did the pcv. i used to be able to power wheelie in first. now i can't even do that all.

has anyone experience this at all? or maybe im just goin crazy.:ponder:

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
If you didn't have your bike run on a dyno, and a custom map done then you don't have the right map.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
No. You're probably getting the expected results.

A Power commander or any other similar fuel module only allows you to alter your AFR by adjusting the fuel levels at ignition.

Pre-canned (DynoJet) maps are designed to put you as close to 13.0:1 or Stoichiometric. Meaning you have the most efficient AFR for burning without creating excess waste or blowby.

Stoichiometric does not give you a performance increase in terms of power. If you want more power you need to have a rich AFR and the only way to get a good reliable map for power is to take your bike in to get a tune done by a professional and reputable shop.

Also keep in mind that to get a power increase you should be running a full system designed for performance (akra, arrow, yosh) vice a system designed for sound (2bros, toce, etc) and a high flow "race" air filter. K&N and BMC both make street versions and race versions.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh that makes sense then.

yes i got the race BMC filter. i will now hunt for a full exhaust set up for my rt-one. then get a real tune at a shop. thank youu.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
ahh that makes sense then.

yes i got the race BMC filter. i will now hunt for a full exhaust set up for my rt-one. then get a real tune at a shop. thank youu.

Arrow headers will fit your Slipon. Or you can try and sell your Slipon and buy a complete full system.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
power commander maps suck, get it custom mapped.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Guys I don't know why everyone else on here is having trouble with PCV, but I did not take by bike to get a dyno because of my carbon fiber exhaust. I loaded the dynojet map for my exhaust on their website, and I noticed an immediate power increase from stock.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Guys I don't know why everyone else on here is having trouble with PCV, but I did not take by bike to get a dyno because of my carbon fiber exhaust. I loaded the dynojet map for my exhaust on their website, and I noticed an immediate power increase from stock.

It's probably a fraction of what you could get. Tunes only run $150-$300 depending on your area. $200 here in SoCal.

You have to remember too that it's not either right or wrong, a tuner can adjust every 500 RPMs in all 6 gears throughout your entire rpm range.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wonder if the autotuner is what made the noticable difference for you tlambert.

i did ride it yesterday and it felt good. just didn't see a significant difference, to what i was used to before.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
You won't notice a big anything if it's setup right, it should actually be quite subtle. If you were expecting it power wheelie in all 6 gears it won't.

Mike

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's possible but at the same time I could have noticed a huge difference because that's what I wanted and the change was only small. Obviously I'm not doing wheelies in every gear lol

i wonder if the autotuner is what made the noticable difference for you tlambert.

i did ride it yesterday and it felt good. just didn't see a significant difference, to what i was used to before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts