Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you have read i have been looking for a 03 yellow or 04 600rr but there are none left in arizona at all...so i went to the dealer so see if i could get a used one or settle for a r6..the otd price for one of the used bikes was almost as much as i could get a brand new bike for with a 1 year warranty alrady one it...so i talked to this guy who worked there and he was telling me how the r6 was real shaky for a beginner rider and how the suzuki had the inverted forks, steering stablizer, seat cowel, and they had yellow which is sick....and i ended up getting it for 8400 otd....ill try and post some pics...ill be moving to a gsx-r site too ....thx for all the info u guys have given me tho

C

·
0 Posts
that's cool.. keep your spirits up.. some day you'll own the RR... ;-)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I don't blame ya...if I were to buy new, now, I probably would have chosen the GSXR myself. Especially if it came with the ext warranty for that price!

Best of luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Explain this one to me

seriously, what does this mean? other than a marketing ploy.

so i talked to this guy who worked there and he was telling me how the r6 was real shaky for a beginner rider and how the suzuki had the inverted forks, steering stablizer, seat cowel

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry if I ticked you off rryellowraider.

I was just wondering about that comment because I don't think the GSX-R comes with a steering stabilizer/damper and I'm just defending the R6.

And I hate it when the dealers feed some crazy lines about the bikes they carry, especially when it isn't true.

I like all the new 600cc bikes, especially my 600RR, I just wanted to clarify if the GSX-R does in fact comes with a stock, from the factory, steering damper.

And yes, yellow is sick, and supposedly the fastest color out there.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I like all the new 600cc bikes, especially my 600RR, I just wanted to clarify if the GSX-R does in fact comes with a stock, from the factory, steering damper.
Yes, the GSXr series comes with a damper. It has since at least 01. It is under the triple tree and is minimally adjustable if adjustable at all.

As for the BS from the sales guy... that is what it is. All the 600s are great. All of them excel in performance. No one is easier on a beginner than another. I would actually firn the R6 with its ergos to the the easiest for a new rider to get used to.

Opinions are just that, unfortunately Dealers spout opinion like fact. More unfrtunate than that, most salesmen I know do not even own a bike. SO their opinoin is given to them by their boss.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Allow me to explain tkkc:

The seat cowl improves handling more so than the pro-link unit. The seat cowl stabilizes the bike at high speed, much like a super wing on a Civic, thus increasing the rider's confidence to "own the racetrack". This will eliminate the R6. It can be proven in the wind tunnel as well as visually seen with the upturned tail profile the cowl provides.

I'm just kidding man, I'm bored at work. Have fun with your bike.

I was much in the same buying situation as you were in that I had to have a yellow bike no matter what. The gixxer is a racy looking (and performing) bike. I was ready to lay the cash down, then at the last day of buying, I went for the RR, because I figured I was never really going to push the limits of the bike on the streets. HP and weight, didn't really factor because all the bikes were so close. I chose stability and tractability the RR had over the other bikes. That little reasoning may be the difference between staying on the bike or dumping it. I hope I never have to find out.

Like I said, have fun with your bike, you'll be happy that it was the color you wanted insteading of compromising. Good luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm sure you will be happy with your decision but I have a little advice for you. If you haven't ridden the RR yet don't. My friend made the mistake of getting on my RR after buying his 03 Gixxer 6 and he couldn't get rid of his Gixxer fast enough after that. He now owns a 1000rr after riding mine as well. Performance wise your not gonna notice a difference, but if you ride both you will notice the quality difference. The 03 Gixxer felt cheaply made, while the honda just feels refined the moment you sit on it. If that isn't important to you then you will have no regrets I'm sure.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Have fun with the new gixxer. :smile: I had a SV before my 600RR and I was looking at staying with a Suzuki last year but I didn't like the '03 and below look of the gixxer. If I would of waited till this year to get another bike, I would of probably gone with the GSX-R600 or 750. But I'm happy with my RR. Just be happy with whatcha got and ride man. Be safe.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
pantablo said:
a gixxer 6 for a first bike?

yeah, I'd say you're ready for gixxer.com.

Good luck.

Oohhhh low blow, but probably the funniest thing I've read in this thread...awesome

I actually really like the '04 Gixxer. I really didn't like them until this year, but it's a sharp looking bike, and yeah, I just noticed the damper a couple weeks ago when I was visiting a Zuki shop by my house. I also really dig the new ZX-6RR, I would really like to ride one of those as a track bike. If I were to do it again I'd rock the RR, then the 6RR and then it'd be a toss up between the Zuki 6 and the R6.

But congrats on your purchase, riding is riding and T.W.O. had nothing but amazing things to say about the new Gixx-6. Feel free to come back and chat it up with us...just try not to pull an Aren and over-ride us with Gixxer-6-ness ;-)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts