Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the most careful considiration I decided to sell my most beloved girlfriend. She was an amazing 2003 yellow 600rr. I've had dreams almost every night of riding...the only thing that stops me from purchasing another bike is that here in Tampa as I'm sure in every city...there are awesome risk. I would never want anyone to stop riding…it is what I am, what I feel, what I love to do…but with three children it is no longer about me and my bike. I didn’t want to put this here because I want the lovers to quit. Just be careful…I love all my brothers and sisters and would like you to be as safe as you can on our rockets. It’s not us a majority of the time…it’s the others…the cagers as we call them. Be careful..have fun…and stay forever! I love you all!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
r3z_ said:
F*ck you and I will give that to my friends familys who have lost there fathers. Your an ass and I'm glad I never met your bi-ch ass. Good luck. Oh yeah...thanks for chiming in after only riding for a few months. Wait until you have to visit your friends in the hospital and thank god it's not you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SLAPS808 said:
sucks youre giving up what you love to do......

but its totally understandable (sp?).

family comes first in my book!!!!
Thanks for the kindness...I love you all and hope that I never read the worst. Turn and burn...and never ride above your head.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
r3z_ said:
Is that a "i'm sad to see you go" or a "your a pu$$y, have a kleenex"?

If its the former, then ok. If its the latter, show some class. The man has three kids. He obviously is doing what he thinks is right.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
tpafox said:
After the most careful considiration I decided to sell my most beloved girlfriend…but with three children it is no longer about me and my bike... Be careful..have fun…and stay forever! I love you all!
Well, I guess we'll be seeing you in about 15 years on a new 2022 Honda

you can sell the bike, but you cant sell your soul. j/k.

Better reading about you selling it now than reading about how you went down and left a family behind. See ya around.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have two kids so I sympathize with you. I'm not trying to talk you out of your decision but you have to realize that you can get hurt / injured / maimed / killed in a number of ways during your daily routine. Sure, the bike just adds another but it's not going to garuntee your safety if you stop riding.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I got kids too dude but I haven't reached the point you have yet, which is why I make sure I don't do stupid stuff and lookout for myself on the road. Best wishes!

X

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Sad to see you go, your still more then welcome around here. Like Johnny said life is full of chances and risks. Riding a bike especially a sportbike gets a huge rap as being risky and dangerous yet people forget that far more people are killed in auto accidents each yr then on a bike, yes there are alot more of them on the road but thats my point. Its much more or a risk just driving somewhere ( Stats wise ) in a car then a bike, yet people dont think twice of jumping in a cage and taking off.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Everybody's got there own threshold of risk.
Its not for anyone else to second guess these decisions.
"Its your thing do what you wanna do !"

Riding is a high risk sport, no denying that.
I think about that, my wife and my three kids
everytime I approach an intersection
or ride near the double yellow line.

Be well man. Peace

·
Registered
316 Posts
William Wallace - Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here.......

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
Any time we get on it is at great risk. Enjoy your time with the Family. I admire any man that sets his prioritys with family first.

Hope you see your kids grow. 2022 Sounds like a good time to get back into it.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I did the same thing about 18 years ago so I COMPLETELY understand, respect, and admire you for doing it.
You will be back when the kids are grown...it's in your blood :-D
I look forward to seeing you then !

On a side note in the almost 2 decades I was off the bike there were tremendous changes, improvements, & performance increases. The tires are wonderful now! And riders gear saw vast improvements !
It is a pleasure to be back :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I did the same 6 years ago. A new house, one kid...now I have 2 kids and an 06 RR. I never realized how much I missed riding till I got a bike again. I would have more than 1600 miles on her but the weather has really sucked.

·
Registered
888 Posts
tpafox said:
F*ck you and I will give that to my friends familys who have lost there fathers. Your an ass and I'm glad I never met your bi-ch ass. Good luck. Oh yeah...thanks for chiming in after only riding for a few months. Wait until you have to visit your friends in the hospital and thank god it's not you.

Well said.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts