Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 has a 1 yr old battery and is normally on a bat. tender. It says the battery is good so I start it and it just clicks. It;s a track only bike and last year it hit the generator hard but no physical damage. Is my generator just done or is there a way to check it. It WILL start if it's jumped though:study:

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
well if it turns out to be the batt, get a motydesign from browning buck, great quality product.
i dont know how to check that out sorry btw

·
Registered
807 Posts
There a chance your battery has dropped a cell, Even though it says its putting out 12.5 amps. Grab a multi meter and see what your battery says.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
take your battery to walmart and ask them to test it. they have a portable AVR that will load test teh battery and tell you if its crapped out. if you know someone that has a full avr you could take your bike to them and they could test the output of your charging system, it only takes a few minutes.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Your battery is more than likely the culprit, even though its output voltage may be correct with it plugged into the tender, once it comes under load that will change.

Get your battery load tested, and I bet you find that its stuffed.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Prolly is the bat I had to recently move into an apatment from a house and my bike sat for about 2 months without barely getting stqrted just sitting in the parking lot. We'll double check today thanks mates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts