Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Drama Queen Extraordinaire
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beginning of the summer, I had an 06 Raven and sold it to some sucker and got 7200, and 450 for the exhaust. So I had 7650 lying around. I bought an 03 RR for 4600, put probably 2000 into it. I crashed last monday. I just heard today it's definately totalled. Bike is worth 4495, minus 500 deductable. Now I have 3995. The guy is gonna try to see if he can get some money for my aftermarket parts, but I don't see much happening.. So time for a new bike, and I have half the spending money as I did at the beginning of the summer. If I buy back the bike, I wont get credit for aftermartket parts, also the frame has a ding in it, so no one is gonna want it, and the only things I could part out are the 520 chain, rear sprocket, exhaust, and a set of pazzo levers rashed.. Anywho.. on the prowl for a new bike, you may just see me on a Ruckus...... As much as I love RR's (this is my second) I shoulda just kept the R6... Oh well, I just got a 4 dollar raise at my job, so give me a couple weeks to buy something new.......

Heres some pics to tide you guys over:

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was so pissed too... when I wrecked my bike, because I had it for sale, but the weekend before I crashed it, I flushed and refilled the coolant, did an oil change, adjusted everything, bought a bunch of new bolts and got rid of some of the zip ties you see, and washed and waxed it, it was running mint, and that sunday before I crashed, I said to myself... I don't want to sell this.

Blah......... life

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
bikes look good... ya, lotsa times best to just keep what ya got, especially if you're downgrading. I thought about sellin my 600rr, but don't want to pay more for something better (obviously, a newer rr or 1krr) and dont want to downgrade either! hope all works out well for ya

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Nice looking bikes

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went into a corner too hot with cold tires, bike got squirelly, at that point, it was either lay it down or correct it and successfully go off the road. Instead I tried correcting, got worse, hit curb and flipped. Landed spine first on the Curb. Icon Field Armor Vest FTW!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
sorry to hear. unfortunately, we must pay for our mistakes. just focus on what you're grateful for (like that you're fine). a body is priceless, a bike can be replaced. move on and try not to dwell on this $hit man. it could be much worse.

·
Rizoma King
485 Posts
Oh sh*t! Sounds like you had quite a ride... I always ride with my JR back plate for just that reason... ya never know. Glad to hear you're ok and no broken limbs (or back for that matter)!

went into a corner too hot with cold tires, bike got squirelly, at that point, it was either lay it down or correct it and successfully go off the road. Instead I tried correcting, got worse, hit curb and flipped. Landed spine first on the Curb. Icon Field Armor Vest FTW!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Can't see the pics now b/c i'm on the work comp. But like GoFast mentioned, if you are able to walk away without major injuries, screw the bike it can be replaced. Plus you just got an additional $4 raise!

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had very minimal injuries, tight neck and sore back for 2 days, light light rash on my right side, and my right knee has 3 scraps, nothing major, that rash is already healed up (8 days)

I was wearing helmet, leather jacket, gloves and spine protector. (Also jeans and nikes)

It stinks being a college student [2nd (paid) internship this semester] and being strapped for cash. Besides a new bike, my neck purchase is some nice Sidi's and some Knee protectors.

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They havent told me yet, thats a deciding factor on what I will get for my aftermarket parts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I hope you plan on or at least already saw an Orthopedic for your back! Don't do what I did!

I was leaving camp, enduro riding in the dirt, and fell into a sink hole while going kinda fast. As you can probably imagine, the bike fell in with me and I went flying over the handle bars. I flipped and landed on my back. I had some strange pain, but got up and rode the rest of the day. I then went on to have strange neurological and pain issues for literally YEARS! Last week I finally went to a thoracic surgeon because that is where my pain is, in the thoracic area of the spine. I had an MRI and there is a widing of my spinal cord from injury in the middle of my back and a hurniated disk(HNP). Problem is, he can't fix it at this point...just have to do PT and take neurological meds the rest of my life. He said it would have been a better outcome had I actually gotten help earlier. Now this **** is gonna cost me lots of cash over the years and I'm feeling like an idiot. I'll be the old guy later on that is bent over with an f-ing cane...lol.

Get yourself checked out...I don't care if it doesn't hurt now....later is when you feel it.

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope you plan on or at least already saw an Orthopedic for your back! Don't do what I did!

I was leaving camp, enduro riding in the dirt, and fell into a sink hole while going kinda fast. As you can probably imagine, the bike fell in with me and I went flying over the handle bars. I flipped and landed on my back. I had some strange pain, but got up and rode the rest of the day. I then went on to have strange neurological and pain issues for literally YEARS! Last week I finally went to a thoracic surgeon because that is where my pain is, in the thoracic area of the spine. I had an MRI and there is a widing of my spinal cord from injury in the middle of my back and a hurniated disk(HNP). Problem is, he can't fix it at this point...just have to do PT and take neurological meds the rest of my life. He said it would have been a better outcome had I actually gotten help earlier. Now this **** is gonna cost me lots of cash over the years and I'm feeling like an idiot. I'll be the old guy later on that is bent over with an f-ing cane...lol.

Get yourself checked out...I don't care if it doesn't hurt now....later is when you feel it.
I made an appointment for this upcoming monday! Thanks for looking out! :five:

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My learning curve over the past 2 years have been so exponential. I started riding the beginning of last summer, and this is my 4th bike. 04-RR to 06-636 to 06-R6 to 03-RR. Being most experienced on the 03, I utilized that bike the most. I really couldn't give a definitive answer.

And btw...... I'm getting excited.....

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/831741063.html (minus the chrome rims)

hopefully its not tooooo bad... I'm waiting for pics

1 - 18 of 18 Posts