Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I'm in love with colorrite*pics added*

Man colorrite paints makes some awesome stuff. I used it today on my fairing and all I can say is man its good stuff! It dries very fast, and dries hard and firm. It is a bit pricey, but its well worth it if you dont want to have a paint shop do it for you. Ill post some pics later today, but its the best rattle can job I have ever seen, and its factory italian red R-157. www.Colorrite.com

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I looked at it after reading what you said, and there is not really any orange peel there. I think its just the camera not focused, or just the glare, cuz in the pic the paint is still wet

·
Registered
907 Posts
I would spray a couple coats on and get some layers on so you have room to sand. They make rattle-can clears too i suggest throwing a couple layers of clear over the color also. Looks good though, just needs sanding.

I have to paint my tailsection again in couple weeks. Maybe I'll take some pics of the steps and do a write up. not rattle-can though, using spray gun, compressor, ppg paint and all that jazz.

·
Registered
659 Posts
exo600 said:
is there a thread on here that gives kind of a step by step on painting fairings?
If using a rattle can just practice on painting household things (mailbox, furniture, etc. etc.)

It helps if you can use extended handle cans, and when you spray always start on the outside the object and spray past.

caboarder2001 said:
Man colorrite paints makes some awesome stuff. Ill post some pics later today, but its the best rattle can job I have ever seen, and its factory italian red R-157.
Is the color dead on with the Factory Red? Are you reparing an existing red piece or spraying over a different color piece?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Hmm, needs some work. I hope you put a lot of coats on b/c sanding and buffing spray can paint is very hard b/c it goes on so thin. I would like to see it after you wet sand it. I wouldn't go w/ anything below 1000.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts