Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k, so my bike seems shity on gas, so it was flashin saying i need fuel, so i filled up.. i looked at the pump when i was done, and it said i put in 7.8 liters.. and it was fuuullll... , so i came home and checked the specs to c how big the tank is and it says it should hold 18 liters.. so woud that mean that the sensor not workin, iv had this bike for 3 months and its been the same.. i need to fill up every 100 km or so, and i have friend that drives ninj 250 and he can ride twice as far. so is my bike saying i need fuel, even though im, not even half epty... how to i fix? thx

·
Registered
753 Posts
Forgive me if you know this, but are you putting the nozzle entirely in your tank? Because I think they shut off when they touch gas, meaning that if the nozzle descends half way into your tank, then it will shut off when the tank's about half full. I have the nozzle completely out of the tank when I fill up and I fill til I hit that metal guide for the nozzle.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i fill that baby to the rim... as much as i can put in.. usally overflow the thing a bit...

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
yuppers. you can ride for a good while before it's empty. i used to fill up when the light came on too, and it still had at least 2 gallons in the tank. just do it based on mileage.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FFFFFF lol now i have to take the upper cowl off and fix the buttons so i can keep track of milage... because we all know they f'n break to..damn honda.. well time to start looking for a post on how to take that off aND fix it..never took the upper off before!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Yep...I found out through the hard way. It died on the freeway and 2 motorcyclist offer me gas, but I refused not knowing wtf is going on with my bike. I had to towed it back only to find out that the sensor is messed up.

Fixing it isn't worth the time and money from what I read in the previous thread like this.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Mine reads pretty good.

The only fix would be a new fuel pump. However, you might be able to bend on the float arm or something. ( I've never had a fuel pump out to know how the level gets read, I'm just guessing a float contraption of some sort)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep...I found out through the hard way. It died on the freeway and 2 motorcyclist offer me gas, but I refused not knowing wtf is going on with my bike. I had to towed it back only to find out that the sensor is messed up.

Fixing it isn't worth the time and money from what I read in the previous thread like this.

lol so it said you had fuel, but you actually didnt... man im happy that mine says theres none when theres lotz, not the otherway around lol

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
sounds like you got a bad sender unit, not sure if you can purchase them seperate or not, most likely not. so new pump it is or just go off mileage

·
Registered
131 Posts
I go by milage, cuz i got no fuel gauge in my r6, but a cool thing is, whenever im down to 1 gallon left in the tank, my odometer automaticly resets, and says "F Trip" (just like "A Trip"or "B Trip" when u set it manualy to check you trip milages) that way i know how long i was riding on the reserve even if i didnt see it come on, and i know exacly how many more miles i can squeez out.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Another thing. If you fill up the tank past the metal ring it can throw the gas guage off. I forget whey, but the dealer explained it to me. Throws the guage off due to something with the air. Messes up the vaccum in the tank. So it will think there is no gas and can actually shut off.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another thing. If you fill up the tank past the metal ring it can throw the gas guage off. I forget whey, but the dealer explained it to me. Throws the guage off due to something with the air. Messes up the vaccum in the tank. So it will think there is no gas and can actually shut off.
well you think if that was the problem, it would be easy to fixx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts