Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i registered my bike for the first time because i just got it yesterday. For the title and registration it cam out to 315 total but it says it only good thru June 2010:banghead: and its practically Feb already isnt registration suppose to be good for a year. Im gunna ahve to go back monday what do you guys think?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just bought my bike in December and my registration is good till June 2010. I think registration is every 6 months in NJ. I think it's like 50 bucks to register and 20 for the title fee, so the extra would be tax from the purchase?

·
Registered
53 Posts
here in jersey my registration for both my car AND my bike are once a year

I just looked at my registration from my last bike. Last year I bought a bike in February and the registration was good till July and the renewal was good for a full year. Now the cbr that I just purchased, the first registration has to be renewed in 6 months. Hopefully it is a full year after that... going to the DMV is not exactly a speedy process!

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's just taxes...The renewal price will be much cheaper. I just got my tag back in November on my cage and have to re-up again in March

·
Registered
667 Posts
Is it possibly prorated till your birthday month at which time you will have to renew for a full year or the biannual option if your state has that? The additional fees would be a one time state tax and title transfer fee. The next time you renew will be cheap. Maybe?

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
I just looked at my registration from my last bike. Last year I bought a bike in February and the registration was good till July and the renewal was good for a full year. Now the cbr that I just purchased, the first registration has to be renewed in 6 months. Hopefully it is a full year after that... going to the DMV is not exactly a speedy process!

i think you should be good after that. I remember when I bought mine from the dealer the first one was only for about 6 months too.

·
Registered
667 Posts
oh and most states allow you to renew on line. Just a few clicks and your new stickers are in the mail. Check the jersey DMV website and I'd renew at least a month before they expire to allow time for processing and delivery time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the price im not worried about it was like 210 in sales tax 60 for teh title and 43 for the reg. what i want to know is y is it only good for like 4 months i thought it was for a year. i bought the bike on friday 29 does that really have nething to do with it

·
Registered
475 Posts
it may be like wv. Here all the motorcycle tags expire in june, its like 18.00 per yr for renewal.

the extra is sales tax on what you bought the bike for.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Also keep in mind that NJ raised their motorcycle registration fees to $65/year. They knew they couldn't get away with raising car registration fees without the populace crying bloody murder, so they decided to screw with our fees instead and doubled them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It will be good for a year next time...Not from the date you bought it. Why don't you just call the dmv so they can explain it to you? I'm sure it would only take 5 minutes or so...

·
Registered
157 Posts
In AZ it has to do with the first time the bike was ever registered. For example my 06 was first registered in May, so when i bought it in Nov. they can only register it to May because of inspection/emission periods. The bike has to be inspected/emissioned every X years in each state. Its not gonna start over every time someone buys a vehicle other wise some vehicles would never get inspected/emissions

·
Registered
182 Posts
Its the timing. For some twisted logic, NJ hands out 6 months valid registration if you register BEFORE March 31st (or something like that) Register after & you get 1 year validity. Same thing if you register AFTER August 31st, you get 6 months registration.

Whatever, I don't even bother wondering "why?" anymore in this state, I just bend over & take it in.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Its the timing. For some twisted logic, NJ hands out 6 months valid registration if you register BEFORE March 31st (or something like that) Register after & you get 1 year validity. Same thing if you register AFTER August 31st, you get 6 months registration.

Whatever, I don't even bother wondering "why?" anymore in this state, I just bend over & take it in.

lol... Every month I dream of the day when I'm living in any other place than NJ. Maybe somewhere warm, like Cal. or Florida.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I registered my Harley (New Reg) not renewal in Aug 2009 and it is good til Aug 2010 one full year. I haven't registered the CBR I just bought from a co-worker yet, waiting for better weather, maybe in March So i don't know if the registration laws have changed? My Rider insurance is also one year policy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts