Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno what it is guys, but lately when i have been riding my RR i miss my 03 R6 more and more. I love the way the RR looks, but it dosnt feel as quick, and agile, yet i can feel noticebly more comfortable puttn my knee down in corners. i also have noticed when i rev it uo realy quick, as soon as i hit like 7500 rpm's my bike blows blue smoke. and i broke it in just like the manual said. I know alot of you may be thinking that i am just trying toi find prob's, or "stop worrying and ride" but my r6 never once gave off blue smoke. even if i pinged it off the rev limiter. I like the RR and i dont know whats wrong, but i feel like i downgraded my bike.

P.S. any help, or words of wisdom would always be welcome, and appreciated

Tim

·
Registered
907 Posts
go back then....

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my friend has told me that it does at the stoplight or what not.

P.S. I really dont wana get rid of it im just askink some opinions?

THanks

Tim

·
Registered
391 Posts
For what its worth I love the R6 and when set up properly it is just as predictable as the RR and handles like an absolute dream. Out of the box, I agree thatthe RR is far more stable though. It just didn't fit me as well as the RR. I have my RR set up to where I wouldn't trade it for anything right now, but thats just me. I can't say I agree about the quickness as both are absolute rockets once you spin up the revs to where they belong. Bottom line is both are fantastic machines, as are all of the '03-'04 6s and the feel is what makes or breaks a bike for any one person. If it doesn't feel right, the R6 will be all new and improved again next year.

·
Registered
734 Posts
you have to be totally comfortable on the bike. if you are not feeling that comfy on the bike, then I really think you should go back to the R6. you are going to be riding alot and want it to be enjoyable (that is why most of us ride) and if you are thinking about other things like the bike acting weird or you feeling odd on it, then despite how it looks and all, get rid of it and ride something that you know you can rock well and not have to think about it all the time.

The F4i is WAY more comfy than the RR but I can live with the fact that the RR is less comfy because I can ride it to a higher level than the F4i. All trade offs buddy.

My 2 cent

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'd take the bike back to the dealer and have them look at that smoking problem. That's not normal. I've never had that problem and haven't even seen mention of it on this forum. Maybe do a search here and see if that has happened to anyone else. As far as preference? Well, the above posts pretty much say it. Go with what feels best to you. All these bikes these days are so close in performance that it does really come down to which one's characteristics work best for you. I think the only crossgrade I would consider myself is for a Ducati 749 but I know that would be a step down in some ways. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts