Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I hate to say it, but I traded my 2003 red 600RR for a 2002 red 954RR with only 3600 miles on it. What you guys think? I have a few accesories for sale on ebay left over from the trade. Are there any websites like this for the CBR954RR?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7902863926&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7902864444&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7902868065&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT

·
Registered
212 Posts
what was the mileage on your RR?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good Luck with the 954RR.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
:evil:

C

·
0 Posts
Post pics of your new bike when you get a chance....

Why the trade? Hp?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Two things about your auctions:

Shouldn't you be giving the owner's manual to the new owner instead of selling it on Ebay?

I believe the color red is different on the 2003 vs 2004 models (if memory serves, one is winning red and the other is italian red) so you probably shouldn't state that the seat cowl will match 2004 models.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 2003 600RR only had 2300 miles on it. I only rode on the weekends. I like the 954. It's a lot more comfortable with the riding position. It feels like your're sitting in the bike instead of on top of it. I also like the fact that I can flat foot my bike now. I'm 5'8" and I was on my tiptoes on the 600, but the 954 sits slightly lower. All my boys have 1000's, 750's, and 954's, and we switched bikes all the time. A guy traded in this 954 for a new 1000RR. It is in showroom mint condition. Not a scratch on it. Still has orignal tires, pipe, windscreen, etc. The guy babied the **** out of it. The sheer power of the 954 is off the hook. It weelies so easy in first and the throttle is a lot more smoother than the 600RR in my opinion. I've already ordered a Micron Red/Black faded alumninum pipe, that should be here next week.

Spyder, I bought the 600RR used from the dealer with 500 miles on it in February 2004 and it didn't include the tool kit or the manual. The dealer told me that since it was a used bike, I would have to pay for it myself. So, I bought the tool kit and manual out of pocket, so I wasn't going to let them have them when I traded it in.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hey, whatever floats your boat, right? :neutral:
As long as you're happy with the switch, who gives a sh*t what anyone else thinks. Enjoy. ;-)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Spyder said:

Shouldn't you be giving the owner's manual to the new owner instead of selling it on Ebay?

I believe the color red is different on the 2003 vs 2004 models (if memory serves, one is winning red and the other is italian red) so you probably shouldn't state that the seat cowl will match 2004 models.

The red is the same color on the 03's and 04's...I just talked to Myron and he said they were both Italian Red. I thought they were different too until I order the plastics.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Hahaha, funny...seems like you traded for all the opposite reasons I'm looking to get rid of my 954...but I'm glad you like it, I still love my 954, but I prefer the handling and the flicky-ness of the 600RR a lot more. Both of them are great bikes...Me, I like the feel of sitting "ON" the 600RR rather than In it...although, for longer rides, the 954's a dream....and ohh boy does it wheelie...Both are great bikes, and I wish I could keep my 954, but...I can't, oh well, enjoy the new toy, ride safe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Meddie600RR said:
Spyder said:

The red is the same color on the 03's and 04's...I just talked to Myron and he said they were both Italian Red. I thought they were different too until I order the plastics.
Hmmmm... I asked my dealer to look it up in the parts book before I bought my '03 and he came back with two different color codes. Having not seen the '04 in person, I will take your word for it that they are the same. I don't understand why Honda doesn't just publish the exact colors on their website (especially since the colors look very different in the pictures). Furthermore (as someone else said) the tail on the '04 is matte black, so a glossy Italian red seat cowl would probably look funny :roll:

·
Registered
584 Posts
http://forums.cbrworld.net/

As long as you are happy man, I am happy lol. I will probably make the move to a liter bike in a few years. I had one a few years back and liked the power but the handling on the RR is what sold me. Congrats and keep the tires on the ground.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts